Out in the scorch.

Morning arrived, the group still laid asleep all except y/n. She was lost in her own thoughts, another memory dream had awaken her.

Blue lights, flashing, water, muffled screaming.

The same dream she'd had back in the maze, she never understood why she was the only one getting these dreams, when she was in the maze no one else had gotten them. The only thing different about this dream was that she seen him. Tall and muscular, dark fluffed up hair, nose shape, jawline. All these characteristics seemed very familiar...she looked to her side, seeing a sleeping Minho. Tall, muscular, dark fluffed hair, nose shape, jawline...she repeated in her head, Minho had all those characteristics, could he be? No he couldn't, maybe she was just losing her mind, maybe it's all part of WCKD's plan.

"Hey! Get out of here!" She heard Thomas yell, pulling her out of her trance. "Enjoying the view?" Y/n heard Minho say, she hadn't realized that she was still staring at him. Minho was already sat up, a smirk on his face as he'd caught her. "You wish." Y/n finally spoke, rolling her eyes at him as she stood up with the others. Minho letting out a small laugh in response.

"Let's pack it up." Thomas said, throwing his bag over his shoulder. "Aris, wake up." Y/n shakes the blonde awake, helping him up to his feet afterwards. Everyone then starting to climb up the piles of rubble and concrete, they exit out from the area they've slept at, the sun was shining brightly. Everyone seeing how badly the world has been scorched.

As they began to make their long journey to the mountains, the group continued to look around curiously. "What the hell happened to this place?" Frypan asked. "I don't know, it doesn't look like anyone's been here in a long time." Newt says, taking in their new surroundings. "This is definitely not like the maze." Y/n spoke, earning a small nod from Minho. "I hope the whole world is not like this."

"Hold on, stop." Thomas suddenly said, the group stops in their steps and looks back at Thomas. "Do you hear that?" He then asked, everyone stayed silent for a moment. The sound of whirring came closer and louder. "Get down! Everyone hide!" Thomas shouts over the loud sound of whirring, everyone quickly looks for a place to hide.

They hide under a broken bridge, everyone crowding together. The group watches as a bunch of helicopters and a bigger looking helicopter flies over them. "Shit." Newt mumbled. "They're never going to stop looking for us, are they?" Minho says, looking from newt to y/n. "That's WCKD for you." Y/n sighed, crawling out from their hiding spot.

The group then began their journey again, crawling up more piles of sand and rubble. Eventually they'd make their way up a sand hill. "We're almost there guys!" Thomas encouraged. "Those mountains, that's gotta be it." Thomas pointed, y/n raises an eyebrow as she looks at him. "That's a long way off." Newt said, the group was already out of breath. "Then we better get moving." Before the group could even take a step, the sound of Winston's body hitting the sand and sliding caught everyone's attention.

"Winston!" They shouted, running to his side. "He's hurt pretty badly."
"What do we do?"
Thomas began to look around, his eyes landing on some materials they could use. "You'll be okay, Winston." Y/n comforts, she held his head onto her lap. She could feel his breathing getting more hitched.

The group had then made a makeshift carrier bed for Winston, everyone lifting him up onto it. Minho and Frypan both carrying Winston, while the rest walked in front. Y/n carried the majority of Minho's things. As their journey truly began, a sandstorm slowly starting.

The group then having to carry Winston down the sand hill. Another few hours passed and the sandstorm began, both Teresa and y/n held a scarf over their heads as they walked ahead of the group. The boys either using their hoods or arms to cover the sand from getting into their eyes. "Gotta find shelter!" Thomas yelled.

The group had then took shelter under some abandoned ruin, Minho was taking a sip of water and handing it to Newt. Y/n was sitting next to Aris, shaking the sand off of her scarf. "How's it looking?" Newt shouted towards Thomas and Teresa. "Just a little further." Thomas yelled back, Newt looks back towards the group. "Thats not very convincing." Newt says, and walks back to his original spot next to Minho.

"None of this is convincing, but we're here now." Y/n said, reaching her hand out for the water bottle. "Let's just hope we'll reach the mountains fast enough." Minho says, he hands y/n the water bottle, watching as she nod her head to thank him. After y/n had gotten a drink of water, her eyes lingered onto Minho for awhile, she just couldn't shake of the feeling of her dream...could he really be the guy from her dreams? The two looked so similar, no, identical.

"Something on your mind?" Minho asked, speaking lowly as he didn't want the others to hear. "I'm just thinking...that's all." Y/n says, she looks at her hands a bit embarrassed to be caught again staring. "Thinking, huh? About what?" He said, he scooted closer to her as he had a worried look. Y/n looks back up at him, maybe she should tell him. She opens her mouth to speak, but quickly interrupted as a gunshot rang out.

"Winston! What are you doing!? Give me that!" Frypan yelled, both y/n and Minho looked in the direction of Winston and frypan. A gun was in Winston hands and Frypan pulling Winston's arm away, he was trying to shoot himself.

"What the hell!" Y/n jolted up along with Minho, the two quickly surrounded Winston as Thomas and Teresa came running down. "What happened?" Thomas asked, seeing the gun in Frypans hands. "I don't know! He just woke up and grabbed the gun, then he tried to..." Fry pauses his sentence, not wanting to finish. It was obvious what Winston was trying to achieve.

"Give it back, please..." Winston cried, his breathing was even more hitched than before. "Winston..." y/n goes to crouch down next to him before she felt a hand wrap around her arm, she looks back to see Minho holding her back. "It's growing...inside of me." Winston lifts up his shirt, blackness filled all around the scratches that were once just bloody. "I'm not going to make it. Please...please don't let me turn into one of those things." Winston weakly says, his arm going limp to his sides. Everyone looked at him sadly, Winston wasn't immune.

"Wait, Newt..." Fry says, y/n watches as he took the gun out of Fry's hand. Newt walks up to Winston and crouches to his side, placing the gun onto his chest and grabbing his hand placing it on top of the gun. "Thank you," Winston smiled weakly at the blonde in front of him. "Now get out of here." Winston then said. "Goodbye, Winston." Newt whispered, standing back up and grabbing his things. Aris and Teresa followed closely behind.

Y/n watches as Minho crouched down next to Winston, his mouth opening to say something but he says nothing. Minho's eyes said everything, Minho then stood back up and grabbed his stuff as well. Y/n looks down at Winston sadly, before managing to show him a smile. "Thank you, thank you y/n...for helping us escape from WCKD." Winston spoke, his chest heaving. "I'm sorry, Winston. I wish I could've done more." Y/n says softly, she looks away and blinks a few times to stop the tears from spilling.

"Watch over them, y/n. Especially Minho." Winston said, y/n just simply nodded. "Goodbye, Winston." She says, turning around and grabbing her stuff. Thomas the last to speak to Winston.

The group was now somewhat far away from Winston, no one said a word, suddenly...

Gunshot.