Losing him, again.

Wishing you all luck 🫶
———————————————

The roar of an engine and sound of honking caused everyone to look back and open their eyes. A truck coming at full speed and hitting a helicopter, causing it to tip over and the blades breaking apart, flying towards everyone.

Y/n quickly fell to her stomach to dodge the flying blades, she quickly lifted her head up as chaos erupts again. Minho then came to her side and helped her up. "Are you okay!?" He yelled, holding onto her shoulders. "Im fine!" Y/n said, holding under his arms and turning back to look at Thomas.

"Run! Get down!" Thomas yelled, throwing the bomb at the soldiers and quickly running before falling. Both Y/n and Minho take quick shelter behind some barrels.

Another explosion. Y/n noticed an unclaimed gun on the floor, just a few feet away from her. She quickly scrambled back to her feet and ran towards the gun, hearing her name being called by Minho.

As she grabbed the gun, realizing it was a rifle she was quick to reload it before seeing a solider come her way, she shoots. "What a waste." She heard Janson say, whipping her head around to see Thomas on the ground and Janson's gun pointed at his head.

She lifted up her rifle, ready to shoot until a bullet had beaten her to it. She looked around to see who'd shot Janson, only catching a glimpse of a smirking Brenda reloading her gun.

"Come on, Tommy! Let's go." Y/n quickly rushed to his side, helping him up and began to fire again once she'd seen more soldiers run towards them. "Go Thomas! Run!" She yelled, Thomas quickly nodded his head and began to run.

More rapid fires were then shot, causing y/n to look behind her and to see Vince shooting all the soldiers. Y/n started to run again, dodging bullets that came her way.

Y/n noticed Minho, Newt and Fry all running. She quickly caught up with them. "Get out of here! Go!" Minho shouts as he picked up a rifle from the ground, both Fry and Newt run past him. "Minho!" Newt says, taking a quick glance back.

Y/n stood next with Minho, lifting her rifle up again and began to fire. "Come on, Thomas! Get out of here!" Minho yelled, Y/n's rifle then ran out of bullets.

"Shit! Im out!" Y/n yelled, throwing the rifle towards the soldiers and knocking him down. "Y/n, go! You can't stay right here!" Minho said, as he continued to shoot.

"Minho...I'm not leaving you!" Y/n said, a bullet was then shot near her causing her to fall back onto her butt. "Go now! This isn't negotiable!" Minho yelled, Y/n didn't want to leave him as she'd felt this pit in her stomach, telling her it was a bad idea. "GO!" He yelled again, this time more demanding.

"Just come back to me, okay!?" She yelled, Minho nodded his head and Y/n quickly got back onto her feet and hid behind a crate with Thomas, Newt, and Fry. "Get down!" Newt yelled, his arm dragging Thomas down.

Minho's rifle was then jammed, a solider managing to shoot him and sent an electric shot through his body. Minho falling over a crate, groaning in pain.

"MINHO!" Y/n quickly yelled, despite the shots that were being shot at her she ran. "Y/n! No!" Thomas and Newt yell in sync. The three boys followed Y/n, dodging any bullets.

"Minho!" She heard Thomas yell. "MINHO!" Y/n screams, watching as two soldiers pull him by his arms and drag him. Jorge noticed as Y/n tried to run towards Minho, quickly grabbing her by the waist.

"LET ME GO! I CANT...I CANT LET THEM TAKE HIM!" Y/n thrashed around, her eyes swelled up with tears. "MINHO!" Thomas yelled again, louder than before. Newt grabbed ahold of Thomas and pulled him back, Jorge then passing Y/n to Frypan.

"MINHO! NO!" Y/n screams again, tears were now streaming down her face. "Go! Come on!" Jorge yelled, Fry continued to drag Y/n and held onto her waist tightly despite her thrashing around.

The group then reaches to the top of the hill, Frypan let's go of Y/n. The group watches as Janson and Ava's soldiers board the berg, Y/n's gaze moves from Teresa to an unconscious Minho. Tears continued to flow down her face, The bergs doors then shut and it slowly lifts from the ground and flies away.

Morning then came, smoke was everywhere, small talk from the surviving people filled the air. Y/n was on a rock, packing a bag with cans of food and left over clothing. Her eyes were red and puffed up, she'd been crying all last night.

She'd lost the boy she's ever truly loved. She even lost her two friends. She felt hopeless.

"What do we do now?" Frypan asked, Y/n slowly lifted her head making eye contact with Newt who looked at her sadly. "Well, we pick up what's left of us. We stick to the plan, we get you kids to the safe haven." Vince said, Y/n sniffled a few times before looking at Thomas.

"And we start over, i guess." Vince adds, Thomas then stood up putting the bag over his head and letting it rest onto his shoulders. "I'm not going with you." Thomas bluntly says, causing Y/n to slowly stand up as well. She knew he had an idea, whatever it was she was with him.

"What?" Vince asked, everyone just as confused as he was. Everyone except for Y/n. "I made a promise to Minho, I wouldn't leave him behind. I have to go after him." Thomas said, adjusting the bag he carried.

"You're not the only who made him a promise." Y/n spoke up, her voice raspy from screaming and crying. It felt like it was just yesterday, when she had told him that she wouldn't let anything bad happen to him. But she failed, failed so hard on protecting the boy she's loved since she was a child.

Thomas looks at Y/n, he didn't want to drag her into this but he had no choice. Thomas knew how stubborn she was, and just because she's his half-sister doesn't mean he could stop her.

"Hey kid, look around you. All right? WCKD just kicked our ass." Vince says, Y/n noticed as both Newt and Fry stood up. "You think about where you're headed." Vince then said.

"I'm not asking anyone to come with me." Thomas said, Y/n stood up and grabbed her bag as well throwing it over her shoulder. "You're crazy Thomas, if you think I won't be coming with you." Y/n said, standing next to Thomas. "Y/n, no-" Thomas began to speak before getting cut off.

"Thomas. You may be my half-brother, but you cannot stop me from coming with you. So deal with it." Y/n told him, everyone looked at the two in pure shock as they hadn't expected to hear that the two were half-siblings, but Y/n didn't care at the moment. All that matter was that she'd save Minho, not only Minho but Aris and Sonya as well.

"Thomas, Y/n. Listen to me." Newt then spoke up, slowly walking towards the two. "I've known Minho for...as long as I can remember. So if there is any way that we could help him... trust me, I would be up there standing with you both." Newt took a small pause before continuing. "This, what you're talking about...is impossible."

"More like suicide." Jorge then said, both Thomas and Y/n look at Jorge as he walked up to them, along with Brenda following behind. "Maybe. But I know what I'm supposed to do now," Thomas turns around, grabbing a rifle and throwing it over his shoulder.

"It's not just about Minho, it's about all of us. It's about everyone WCKD's ever taken, everyone they will take. They'll never stop...they'll never stop, so im gonna stop them." Thomas pauses, everyone is looking at him in pure awe.

Y/n slowly smiles, seeing Thomas finally ready to stand up to WCKD meant everything to her and she was ready to follow Thomas anywhere, because she knew he'd lead them the right way.

"I'm gonna kill Ava Paige." Thomas said, and in that moment Y/n noticed everyone was with him. "I have to admit, I'd like some revenge." Harriet spoke up, y/n smirked as she then watched Vince speak up.

"We'll, that's a good speech, kid. So what's your plan?" Vince finished, everyone turned their heads to Thomas.

Y/n was ready, even if Thomas didn't have a full plan just quite yet she was gonna follow him till the very end. She was going to do everything in her power to get Minho back, even if it meant death. She was prepared.