'Bad idea'

(Sadie's pov) Back to Wednesday
I was so excited to meet up with Max. He had been bad in the past but damn I need someone to distract me from Harry right now.  I was just wearing a basic outfit because I didn't wanna seem to desperate.

As I arrived his flat I set my bag and coat down. I looked around and took in the decorations. It was the same as I'd last seen it a few years ago. Max had never been good at decorating. Or anything for that matter.

'I'm here!' I shouted out to announce my presence. I heard a crash of footsteps as Max emerged from his room.

'Heyy, how are you baby??' He walked over and brought me to the couch. I cringed at the pet name while we weren't even dating. I'd never liked anyone calling me that except Harry. Not sure why? Maybe just because of how he says it.

'I'm good.. how are you?' He looked visibly disappointed that my answer hadn't been practically begging him to come back to me and that I'd been so depressed or some shit.

'I'm okay. Struggled to move on from you.. unlike you ofc with your manwhore Harry ahaha.' He fake laughed but I felt my fist tense.

'Uhm okay.. what do you wanna do..?' I twirled my fingers nervously.

'Movie?' He questioned.

'That works. What movie?'

'Ocean11.' He replied more than questioned.

'Can we watch something else? I never really understood that movie.' I checked my phone but had no new messages.

'nah I wanna watch Ocean11.' I rolled my eyes which immediately caught his attention, 'who gave you this new attitude? Let me guess! Harry.'

'never mind. We can watch ocean11.' I sighed and sat down.

The movie ended with me being guilt tripped for staying for food. Eventually he allowed me to go home but it was probably the weirdest date I'd had in a while.

He invited me back over on Thursday, which he then asked me to rekindle our relationship but I told him it was way too early.

'We literally just started talking again yesterday! How is that insane of me?!' I screamed out. My voice battling his as our eyes threw glares across the room.

'OK THEN. GO BACK TO HARRY! USE ME.' He shouted, making me cover my ears in fright. Guilt took over me as he screamed more and more about how I was using him as a rebound.

On Friday he started telling me what to do and that he would block me if I didn't. Although we weren't dating he was still holding this control over me. Just great.

'I gotta go home for stream.' I mumbled and walked to the door.

'No, I don't support your streaming.. I'll cut off contact if you go stream right now.' Honestly I should have cut contact but I still felt this need not to lose anyone else.

'Ok.'

On Saturday he finally convinced me to try our relationship out again. Well more screamed and threatened me to but that was life. He then went through my phone and began blocking numbers.

'WHAT THE FUCK SADIE?' I looked up, confused and shocked.

'What?!'

'YOU DONT HAVE HARRY BLOCKED?' He slapped me across the face. I felt my heart drop and my eyes threaten to tear up.

'I-I forgot.. you can block him for me..' I mumbled out.

I shot a few texts to Makenzie and Lacey and Talia explaining that I would be kind of busy so don't worry if I don't respond right away. I was allowed to have them unblocked if I don't text them too much.

By Monday I felt like I'd been in the relationship for months. I felt so trapped yet he had taken the drastic measures so early in. Yet I hadn't ran? He had hit me the other day. HIT ME. Yet I'd let me and gone along with it. I felt pathetic.

I lay in my bed and watched TV. Max hadn't bothered me all day today but I was bored as hell now. Honestly I missed Harry more. I'd made a stupid decision going back to Max. But I loved Max and I didn't love Harry. I couldn't handle loving Harry. I just can't.

I'd gotten permission to post something to keep people from being worried.

@SadieDevoire
hi gorgeous
Wroetoshaw and 1.2 million others liked this post.

Comments have been turned off on this post.