' my bratty mother '

(Sadie's pov)
I had always made an effort to visit my family at Christmas time. It was the only time of the year I could actually see them. I was free to visit them anytime but id never really gotten on with my mum. She always challenged all my decisions no matter what which pissed me off.

Still I stood outside my childhood home and prepared myself for the truckload of questions I was about to be battered with. I moved my hand forward and knocked on the door. The sound of a dog running to the door and barking erupted as I heard my dad walking up to the door. He opened it with a load creak and smiled at me, opening the door more so I could come in.

'Great to see you honey.' He hugged me and lead me to the living room where everyone else was sat. My mum and my two siblings (Mia 16, Rory 20) looked up at us as we entered the room. I sat down next to Mia which got a glare from my mum.

'So, how's school?' I turned to Mia

'Good! If I keep my grades up I should be able to go to law school.' Mia told me excitedly but my mum sighed and looked at her sadly.

'So desperate to leave us?' She shook her head sadly, 'Im keeping my stance of being against this.'

'Well it hasn't been decided yet! So let's not stress about the details' my dad patted my mums back as a way to tell her to drop it.

'It has been decided!' She laughed, 'she isn't going. I've had two of my children leave me already I'm not letting her travel across the country.'

My sister looked down at the ground uncomfortably as my mum blabbed on about her opinion. She never took the news of us leaving well. As her oldest child, she cried and screamed at me for leaving. My brother was her second child to leave so she was prepared for it yet still managed to groan about it constantly. The idea of her last child leaving seemed to have been her worst breakdown yet.

'How's work going?' Rory changed the subject and shut my mum up.

'Good! Still doing the YouTube stuff and it's going well.' I replied and smiled at my brother.

'Not a real job..' my mum scoffed, 'we all know it'll fail and she'll have to come to us for money.'

'Actually I've already made more in a month than you make in a year,' I replied bitterly but changed my tone to sound sweeter, 'so whether it's a real job or not it's working!'

My mum stared back at me in shock and Mia laughed a bit but stopped immediately when my dad glared at her.

'That is so offensive!' She hissed at me, 'no wonder that Harry boy and you broke up! You're so rude.'

The room went silently as I stared at her, what the fuck?? My mum had always been on Harry's side and I was never sure why. I have never mentioned why we broke up either.

'Oh fuck off mum I broke up with him.' I laughed, 'just cause dad can settle for a raging bitch like you doesn't mean I don't have standards.'

My mum got up and stormed out the room, my dad following behind her trying to calm her down. The minute she left my siblings burst out into laughter.

'Honestly dad needs to RUN' Mia practically cackled.

A few hours later I was sitting in my childhood bedroom, my eyes darting around and locking on different things with memories. The hole in the wall that happened when me and Lacey were high as shit and I fell then proceeded to use a poster to cover it. The dirty mark on the carpet from when a friend from my teens and I made hot chocolate and we fell and stained the carpet with it. Other memories popped up about the randomly battered spots.

 Other memories popped up about the randomly battered spots

@SadieDevoire visiting family for Christmas and seeing the childhood bedroom

@SadieDevoire
visiting family for Christmas and seeing the childhood bedroom.. damn I'm old
@LaceyWoodsxx and 2million others liked this post

Comments -
@LaceyWoodsxx - your mum will never forgive me for that hole in the wall
-@SadieDevoire - IDEK WHY CAUSE I DID IT

@TaliaMar - i miss rocky you have to bring him to visit me sometime
-@SadieDevoire - I swear u love that dog more than me
-@TaliMar - I could never love soemone more than u and my girls
-@Miniminter - EXCUSE U???

@User - she's so prettyy

@User - I wanna know why her and max broke up :(
-@User - same but its there business

I lay my head back against my bed. It was now 9pm on Christmas Eve yet I wasn't excited. That felt like shit. The only issues with having everything you could want is getting gifts. My mum practically gives me duplicates every year.

Still, I love them for trying. The thought of not having someone beside me when I wake up on Christmas was strange. I wish it wasn't. I wish it was natural. But it really was upsetting.

@SadieDevoire merry Christmas Eve hoes x @User and 3million others liked this post

@SadieDevoire
merry Christmas Eve hoes x
@User and 3million others liked this post