' could you ever forgive me? '

(Sadie's pov)
I woke up to the sound of my alarm booming in my ear. I checked the time and it was 11:23. I'd planned a little bit of my day out and I was going to try my hardest to follow atleast some it.

I brushed my hair and did my makeup before setting up stream. I was still in my jammies but nobody would care less. I couldn't care less.

I started the stream and called Lacey to join me. We played a few random games which took my mind off of the whole situation. I'd gotten quite into it all. After maybe 2 hours of playing Lacey had to go get ready to meet her date.

She had been talking about it for ages and was super excited. They hadn't called or met before but he had sent some pictures and was apparently "the hottest guy in our city." Personally, I didn't agree on that one.

I continued the stream alone and it was going really well. Still I had to end it and take care of something. I put on a nice smile and acted a little more awake as I ended it. Then I grabbed my towel and walked into my bathroom for shower. 

As my hands rubbed the shampoo into my hair I thought back to how my life was a year ago. A year ago I was with Harry. My mind drifted back to me and Harry's first encounter. A night that changed the next few years of my life.

(flashback)

I laughed and swung my arm around Lacey's shoulder, dancing to the music. I was tipsy (Or maybe a little more than tipsy) as I had been at a party for the last few hours. I wasn't sure whose party it really was! Lacey had invited me.

It was hosted by some YouTube group called the "sidemen" but I hadn't heard of them before. Still I couldn't give up the chance of a good party so I had agreed to come alone.

She was completely peppered but I felt uncomfortable getting drunk in somebody I didn't knows party. Lacey moved away from me and began dancing on some random guy.

Starting to feel a little awkward, I picked up my drink and sat down on the couch. I stared at my phone as I sipped my drink. My leg shook a bit but it was more from boredom than anxiety. 

I felt the couch dip a little as someone sat next to me. I looked round and recognised him as one of the "sidemen" who Lacey had introduced me to earlier. I was pretty sure he was the one who seemed really nervous and wouldn't look me in the eyes. Yet now he seemed to have "loosened up" a bit.

'You okay??' His words weren't slurred or anything so he couldn't have been tooooo drunk.

'Im fine!' I smiled back. He was definitely attractive and Lacey had ditched me so!

'Sadie right? You introduced yourself earlier.'

Long story short we hooked up and kept in contact. After a few weeks we started dating.

(Back to the present)

Thinking back, we rushed the relationship and it became toxic so fast. I was so afraid of not being good enough for him and he could be so jealous. We were both insufferable to each other. We needed to have taken it slower. Develop more trust before we jumped into a relationship.

I finished washing my hair and stepped out the shower. I grabbed my hairdryer and quickly dried it. I considered curling or straightening it but decided it would be easier to leave it natural. I had washed my makeup off in the shower and couldn't be bothered to reapply it.

Walking over to my wardrobe, I flicked through my options before landing on a quick and easy outfit. I was going to head over to Max's flat and end it now. No more stalling or making up excuses. I was doing it now.

I grabbed my keys and drove my car over to his. I knocked on his flat door and waited, my nerves now picking up as I realized I was really doing this. It was really happening.

The door clicked as he unlocked it and a large creek sounded as he opened it.

'come to apologize?' He laughed and opened the door so I could come in.

'Not exactly.' I muttered and ignored his invitation inside.

'Why the hell are you here then.' His tone had turned more pissed and his face was stern.

'I'm breaking up with you.' I sighed and stared him dead in the eyes, 'I can't do this anymore.'

'What the fuck!' He shouted and grabbed my wrist, 'you've got to be fucking kidding me?!'

'I'm sorry Max.' I pulled my wrist away from him, 'goodbye.'

'This is bullshit! Nobody will love you as much as I did!' He screamed in my face and I felt my hand curl into a fist, 'you're a nobody! No wonder you can't keep a boyfriend! YOUR PATHETIC'

I took a step back to stop myself from taking this any further. I waved him goodbye as he shouted and screamed at me. People from other flats were recording the commotion as he was THAT loud.

'Goodbye Max' I sighed and walked to the lift. Letting myself out the building and sitting down in my car. I clicked on his number and blocked him on everything.

Tears rolled down my face but it felt more like relief than distress. Yet maybe he was right. Would I ever find someone who would love me back? I thought I had with Harry until the argument.

When I think back honestly it was a stupid thing for me to break up with him over. Maybe it wasn't? I have no clue. But we were both at our breaking point with each other and practically had our hands around each other's throats emotionally. It was for the best.

Still I sat here thinking about him. Thinking about how much I missed him. As I had been doing since the day I left him. The look on his face when I told him I didn't want to see him again. The anger, the guilt and the sadness. I'd never been able to get that picture out of my head.

Yet as I sat here thinking of him, unknown to me he was off fucking some slut. The slut named Kira. A girl I'd known a little too well while me and Harry were dating. A girl id never been able to forget. A girl I never would.

@SadieDevoire Me and Max are not together anymore

@SadieDevoire
Me and Max are not together anymore. Please don't bring it up as I'm uncomfortable discussing the circumstances
@LaceyDevoire and 7million others liked this post

comments have been turned off