The Plane Ride

When I woke this morning and rolled out of bed, the first thug I saw were the bags that held all my clothes and most precious items that I wasn't going to allow on that moving van. That's when I remembered why. We were moving today! I jumped up and quickly got dressed. I chose a white dress that had roses on it and some brown cowboy boots. Then I picked my favourite book, Palace of Mirrors, then helped my brother load all of the stuff we hadn't put in the moving van and stuffed it in the back of his friend Roger's truck. We had already sold both my Caravan and Jake's Honda, so we didn't have a car. Then Roger drove us to the airport where we had to stop and help Jake figure out which was carry on and which wasn't. I had already sorted mine. Soon, Roger was gone and Jake and I had been taken down from three of those suitcases wit wheels, two backpacks, two duffel bags, and a smaller duffle bag that was filled with chargers, my Xbox, and Jake's PS3, plus all four of their controllers and a load of bubble wrap, to one rolling suitcase, two backpacks, one duffel bag, and the electronic bag. I also had my purse, as we got onto the plane. I helped Jake arrange the bags in away that they fit like a puzzle. The I pulled out my book as Jake pulled out his headphones. He preferred audiobooks to reading any day. We sat for about two hours before I had to use the bathroom. I was the window seat, so Jake had to flatten himself against his seat so could get through. I did what I had to do, then opened the door and saw a tall man standing there.

"Oh! Sorry! I didn't mean to keep you waiting." I told him. He stood in the doorway, blocking my path out of the restroom.

"Oh no problem doll. " doll? Oh god. "So, where you from?" He asked me.

"Um, Detroit. Detroit Michigan." I told him.

"Ah Detroit. A city full of girls who have a little, experience."

"Experience?" I stuttered, backing away. He got closer, with his hand on the door frame of the bathroom.

"Let me just ask this question." He growled. "You're from Detroit. Are you a virgin?" Oh crap. I backed into a corner, too scares to cry out. The man started to shut the door, then it slammed on his fingers. He shouted in pain and turned to see my brother standing there. I ra n to him and gave him a hug.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"No problem." He told me. Then he went up to the guy and punched him in the face. The guy popped his jaw back into place and looked at my brother, who grabbed him and picked him up by the close of his shirt. "Leave. My. Sister. Alone." Jake told the man. Then he let him go and led me back to my seat.If anybody had known what was going on, they didn't let on. For the rest of the ship, Jake and I practiced our British accents. His sounded more Australian, but mine was spot on! Then we landed.