𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 8

Hyunjin's pov:-

"You can sit in front I'll sit in the back seat," Felix offered. "It's fine, you can sit there. I'm good with sitting in the back," I replied as I opened the door.

Before I could enter the car Felix hopped in and sat on the back seat. His sudden action made me sigh, but I let him be. Changbin, who had witnessed our little bickering, suggested that we sit in the back so that he could easily drive through the driveway to pick up food for his sister.

"Okay, sure," I said as I climbed into the back seat next to Felix.

"I will sit in the front. I can hold the food," Felix declared as he tried to open the door and leave. Changbin was on a call with his sister, standing outside the car.

Before Felix could open the door, I reached out and held his hand. I whispered, "Why? Don't you want to sit next to me, Yongbokkie?" hoping to get a response from him.
"I don't," he said rudely and started to leave.

"What's wrong?" Changbin asked as he sat in the driver's seat.

"Nothing, Felix and I were just talking about this restaurant," I replied with a smile, tightening my grip on Felix's hand.

"Oh, right, the food was really good," he said as he started the car, then turned to Felix and asked, "Lixie, did you enjoy?"

"Yeah, Binnie. Thank you for bringing me here," Felix answered with a smile.

I leaned back in my seat, the volume of the music intensifying with every passing moment. The vibrant notes emanating from the speakers filled the car, enveloping us in a cocoon of sound. As I closed my eyes, I could feel the gentle vibrations of the car moving along the road, the world outside fading away into obscurity. The darkness of the night combined with the music made it feel like a world of our own, a safe haven from the chaos and worries of everyday life. It was a beautiful, serene moment, with nothing but the music to distract us from the outside world. In that fleeting moment, all was right in the world.

Changbin, who was behind the wheel, broke the silence with a question. "Jinnie, you came here with Sera, right? How did she go home?"

I turned to look at him, my eyes adjusting to the darkness outside the car window. "Actually, we arrived together in her car. But she received a sudden call, and she had to leave. So, I told her to go, and I asked for your help."

Changbin hummed to my answer and continued driving.

As I spoke, my gaze wandered over to Felix, who was sitting beside me. The gentle, soothing glow of the moonlight seeping through the window cast a soft illumination on his face, making him look even more serene and composed.
As I sat beside him, I couldn't help but notice the childlike wonder in his eyes as he gazed out the window. I found myself mesmerized by the way his eyes sparkled with excitement whenever he saw something that caught his attention. It was a beautiful sight to behold.

Lost in the moment, I realized that we were still holding hands. But this time, it wasn't me holding onto him tightly. Our fingers were interwined, and it felt like we were connected in a way that was hard to describe.

When I looked at him, I felt a rush of emotions that I had buried deep within me. He had always been able to make me feel things that no one else could. Even though we had been apart for years, it felt like he had never left my heart. Maybe he was always meant to be there, and I was just too blind to see it.

As I gazed at him intently, lost in my own thoughts, he suddenly turned around and our eyes locked in a moment of unexpected connection. His facial expressions were not what I had anticipated - rather than anger or annoyance, they were softened and filled with emotion. I couldn't decipher what was going on in his mind or mine, as we had a tumultuous past and hadn't seen each other for years. However, in that moment, I felt an overwhelming desire to make amends and fix everything between us. I longed to stay by his side and plead with him to never leave me alone.