𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 14

[6 YEARS AGO]

Hyunjin's POV:

Felix and I, we had this so-called heart-to-heart connection after our first meaningful interaction. He's all innocent, calling me his 'best friend,' but let's get real – I'm just using him to escape my parents' constant negativity. Thinking of finding out his secrets, playing the friend, and maybe, just maybe, I'll have my revenge and be done with this pathetic act.

Today, Felix was all excited about going for some shopping and against my better judgment, I played along. It's almost comical how a mere mention of his name in front of my parents acts like a magic spell, granting me the freedom to go anywhere. They trust him blindly.

I got ready pretty quickly and called the driver to take me to Lee's Mansion. I figured out  Felix would be ready as well since it was almost noon, the time we planned to go shopping.
In just a few minutes we arrived and Felix greeted me with a playful grin, clad in a soft, pastel-coloured sweater that perfectly complemented his warm personality. He wore a comfortable, light-wash denim jeans and a pair of sneakers adorned with subtle, quirky patterns.

I opened the door for him and he quickly settled down next to me. His eyes sparkled with anticipation, radiating an infectious enthusiasm that mirrored the excitement of a child on Christmas morning. "So, are you excited for today?" I inquired, a small smile playing on my lips. "A little too excited," he replied, his genuine joy evident in the animated expression that adorned his face.

The upbeat rhythm filled the car as I connected my phone to the speaker, enveloping us in a soundtrack of good vibes. Felix, sitting next to me, gazed out the window with a contented smile, seemingly lost in the melody.

Upon arrival at the shopping mall, we gracefully stepped out of the car, "Any particular spot catching your eye first?" I asked with a casual tone as we entered the mall. His adorable confusion surfaced as he responded, "There's so much; I don't even know where to begin." A smile played on my lips as I reassured him, "No rush, we've got all the time. We can explore every section if you'd like." He thought for a second then responded, "Let's start with clothes." Affirming his choice, I gently held his hand in mine.

Wandering through the vibrant labyrinth of stores, we eventually found ourselves in the clothes section. His gaze flitted from one display to another, and I couldn't help but appreciate the genuine excitement in his eyes. "Feel free to explore, and if you find anything interesting, just let me know," I offered, granting him the freedom to indulge in his shopping quest.

"Thank you so much Hyune for coming with me." He said with a smile then started checking the aisles for something of his style. I stood near the corner, noticing how happy he got whenever he found something he liked.

After a considerable wait, he returned with a basket brimming with an array of clothes, a visible anticipation in his eyes. "I'm sorry; it might take me about an hour to try on all these clothes, but I rarely get the chance to choose my own wardrobe," he confessed, a hint of guilt tugging at his expression. "No worries, Yongbokkie. I'll wait right outside the changing room. Take your time, try them on, and I'll be more than happy to offer my thoughts on what suits you best," I reassured him with a warm smile, guiding him towards the changing room.

While he entered the room with a cheerful grin, a lingering thought weighed on me. Why did he mention rarely getting the chance to choose his own clothes? Was someone restricting him from wearing the outfits he truly loved?

In a matter of minutes, the changing room door swung open, revealing him in a pair of crisp white shorts paired with a light blue t-shirt adorned with a charming cartoon. A smile lit up his face as he stepped out, "I think it looks cute, how about you?" he asked, his eyes reflecting a hopeful anticipation. "I think it looks the cutest on you," I replied with a playful smirk, noticing the faint blush that tinged his ears.