𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 26

Felix's POV:-

As each person took their turn to visit Hyunjin, I remained seated by his bedside, clutching his hand tightly in mine. Despite the overwhelming urge to speak, to pour out my heart to him, I found myself unable to find the words.

Watching him lying there, connected to countless machines and monitors, his face drained of color, filled me with a sense of unease and despair. But I knew I had to stay strong for him.

I sat there in silence, my fingers tracing the familiar contours of his hand as I watched him. My gaze drifted to the mole beneath his eyes, a tiny imperfection that I had always found endearing. It was a small detail, but it reminded me of the countless moments we had shared together, the laughter and the tears.

But now, his face was devoid of expression, his features still and motionless. It was a stark contrast to the lively and dramatic Hyunjin that we all knew and loved.

I heard the door creak open and then shut softly, but my attention remained solely on Hyunjin, my world narrowed down to the sight of him lying there, still and silent. It wasn't until a familiar voice broke through the quiet that I realized someone had joined me.

"Hi buddy," Chan's voice, filled with warmth and concern, reached my ears. Turning slightly, I acknowledged his presence with a nod.

"Do you need water or anything?" Chan's voice was soft, filled with genuine concern. I shook my head slowly, my focus still locked on Hyunjin's form. How could I think about drinking water or doing anything else when all I wanted was for Hyunjin to wake up?

"Are Mr. and Mrs. Hwang here yet?" I asked, my words coming out slowly as I struggled to find my voice. "Nope," Chan replied softly. "We informed them about everything, and they said they'll be here after completing their meeting." The thought churned in my mind. Meetings? While their son was here battling for his life, they were busy with meetings?

"Mr. Hwang has already reported to the police about everything, and the evidence is you... Do you think you're ready to talk yet?" Chan asked, his voice filled with concern. I shook my head, unable to find the strength to speak. "Please wait until he wakes up... I don't want to leave his side," I whispered, my words barely audible over the hum of the machines.

Chan slowly wrapped his arms around me, offering a comforting hug that I gratefully accepted. Tears welled up in my eyes and streamed down my cheeks as I buried my face in his shoulder. "Shh... He'll be okay... everything will be fine," Chan whispered soothingly.

Finally, after gathering the courage, I managed to speak up. "H-how much time still left?" I asked.

Chan glanced at the clock and then replied softly, "We have two more hours." The weight of those words hung heavy in the air, If Hyunjin didn't wake up within that time frame, even the doctors might not be able to help.

Minutes stretched into eternity as I sat by Hyunjin's side, the silence of the room enveloping me like a suffocating blanket. Eventually, even Chan left, bidding me goodbye and urging me to talk to Hyunjin if it would help me feel better.

I held onto Hyunjin's hand as if my life depended on it, refusing to let go for fear that he might slip away from me if I did.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I spoke softly to Hyunjin, my voice trembling with emotion. "Do you know how much I miss you right now?" I whispered, the words caught in my throat. "Aren't you going to wake up and hug me, telling me that everything will be okay? Aren't you going to wipe away my tears and then kiss me softly like you did that day?"

With a heavy heart, I took a deep breath, mustering the courage to continue speaking. "You know how much I tried to hate you?" I began, my voice wavering with emotion. "How many nights I just wanted to be in your embrace and sleep peacefully, but I couldn't? Because apparently, I was supposed to hate you." The words hung in the air, heavy with the weight of unspoken truths and unresolved emotions.