𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 22

Hyunjin's POV:

[PRESENT TIME, 2023]

Kevin

Meet me at 10 p.m.
outside your apartment.
You better not make
any excuses.

See you soon baby.

My jaw tightened as I read the words. There's no way I was letting that jerk meet Felix right now.

Hyunjin here,
Meet me yk where
at 12 tonight
or you will
know the consequences.

As I stood outside the cafe, I texted him. I knew I had to do it, but I also knew that I had to block his number and delete the chat afterwards. I had no idea how Felix would react after he finds out that I texted him using his phone. After taking a deep breath and calming my nerves, I walked inside the cafe. As I entered, I saw everyone standing up, gathering their things and getting ready to leave.

Chan gave me a warm hug and said, "Go home safely Jinnie." Changbin also said goodbye and wished me a good night. Jeongin and Seungmin followed suit, bidding farewell to me and the others. Minho, Lix and Han, however, remained seated at the table, looking completely relaxed.

I settled back into the empty chair between Minho and Felix, handing Felix his phone. "So, what now?" I glanced at Minho, awaiting his decision.

"I'm tired, so I'll head home instead of to my apartment since it's nearby. Ji's going with Lix," Minho stated.

"I'll come with you," I offered.

"Sure, Mom and Dad have been itching to catch up with you anyway," Minho replied.

"I'll wait by your car," I said, standing up and making my way outside.

Lost in a whirlwind of guilt and uncertainty, I trudged towards the parking lot. Each step felt like an anchor dragging me down, the weight of the thoughts of what Felix went through during those five years just because of me being heavy on my shoulders.

Suddenly, the screech of tyres pierced the air, and a car hurtled towards me with frightening speed. Before I could react, some hands pulled me away, the force sending me stumbling.

"Do you want to fucking die?" Felix's voice rang out, sharp and accusatory.

"I'm sorry," I stammered, my breath coming in ragged gasps, eyes stinging with unshed tears.

"What's wrong?" he asked, his touch gentle as he cupped my cheeks.

"Nothing," I whispered, my voice barely audible over the pounding of my heart, as I leaned more towards his comforting touch.

He drew close, his lips barely grazing mine in a tender kiss. "It's not nothing, Hyune," he murmured, his voice carrying a weight of concern that made my heart ache. How could I not feel guilty when he treated me with such delicate care, when he spoke that nickname as if it belonged only to him, meant only for his lips to utter? "It's just the usual with Mom and Dad," I deflected, the lie slipping effortlessly from my tongue, and he nodded in feigned understanding.

But then, in the next instant, his lips melded with mine in a slow, gentle kiss, speaking volumes of feelings he offered without a single word. He pressed my back against the cold metal of the car behind me, his lips hungry and insistent against mine. The taste of desire lingered on his tongue as our kiss deepened, igniting a fire that burned hotter with each passing second. His hands roamed feverishly over my body, sending shivers of anticipation racing down my spine.