𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 || 𝐛𝐚𝐝𝐚 ✔

You're excited. Today is your first day at the studio, working with other dancers to create choreography for a K-pop group.

Your heart stills for a moment when you spot a tall, confident dancer walking into the studio. She immediately gets surrounded by other dancers, who crowd around her and dote on her as if she's a celebrity.

You learn that her name is Bada Lee. You also find out that you are absolutely smitten with her.

"I think that's a really good one!" she says, with a thumbs-up in the mirror. 

Every time she compliments you, your heart skips a beat. You blush, and you hope nobody notices it's from your crush on her.

Bada announces a short break, and dancers spread out. You find a seat at the back of the studio and leave the seat next to yours empty in the hopes that Bada will come sit next to you.

You see Bada heading your way and your heart lifts, but before she can sit, another dancer races ahead of her to plop down into the empty seat, followed by a gaggle of others who gather around Bada.

Maybe next time, you think to yourself as you watch Bada from afar, encircled by her group of admirers.

The next day goes the same, and the next, and the one after that. You always can't help but feel butterflies in your stomach each time Bada gifts you with words of encouragement, and each time you feel an unclosable distance as you see her surrounded by people who admire her.

Finally, it's the last day of the project. You hope you get to see Bada again in the future. But what's the point, you think to yourself. She's always going to be surrounded by admirers, and she's never going to look at me.

During the break, you walk over to your usual seat, thinking it would be the last time doing this. To your great surprise, Bada comes over and sits next to you.

"Hi," she says, smiling at you. "My name's Bada. What's yours?"

You stay silent, too stunned to speak.

Bada laughs. "After all these weeks, I know your name. Y/n, right?"

You nod, still too stunned to speak.

"I wanted to tell you that your presence makes me happy, makes me enjoy coming to work somehow." 

"Thank you," you say. "That means a lot to me."

"I've been meaning to ask you," Bada pauses. She looks into your eyes. "Would you be interested in seeing me sometime? Like, maybe tomorrow?"

Your eyes widen.

"I mean, to talk about dance stuff. Or maybe other things too? I want to get to know you better. If that's okay with you."

"Yeah, I'd— I'd love that."

Bada smiles. It's the widest smile you've ever seen on her, and her eyes fold into adorable arches. She looks like a happy puppy, you think.

"I'll text you later!" she says, and skips away to resume the session.

During the rest of the session, there's a spring in her steps and an air of happiness about her. She can't hide her growing grin, and she keeps throwing glances at you.

You smile at her in return.

You look forward to getting to know her better.