𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫 || 𝐛𝐚𝐝𝐚 𝐥𝐞𝐞 ✔

You're a member of k-pop group, getting ready for a comeback with a new song.

When it's time to view the choreography, your producer shows you the chosen piece. Immediately, the tall, rather handsome-looking dancer in the middle catches your eye.

"Who's that?" you ask, only to be immediately teased by your group members about how you take three seconds to fall in love with any girl who's tall and handsome.

The producer explains that she's Bada Lee, one of the most sought-after choreographer in the K-pop scene.

You're entranced by how she moves, and wonder why she didn't become an idol herself. 

One of your group members notices your starstruck look and mutters, "This is gonna be interesting."

The next day, you go down to the dance practice room. Before you can take three steps inside, a tall figure comes up to you, blocking your way.

"Hi, I'm your choreographer, Bada. I'll be working with you on your new piece. I'm looking forward to it!"

You take in her wide smile, her easygoing grin, and lastly, her outstretched hand, waiting politely in the air for you to shake. You blink out of your trance and take her hand. She reciprocates with a firm grip, and you can't help but notice how her hands wrap completely around yours with her long, slender fingers.

The session goes quicker than you'd like it to be, ending almost in a flash. Bada hurries off, probably to teach another idol some other choreo she'd made.

The next day, Bada returns, enthusiastic as ever. Today she teaches the second part of the choreo. There's this one move you can't seem to wrap your head around. Bada notices you struggling, and comes by to help.

As she steps closer, you notice again how tall she really is. The height difference strikes you as you look in the mirror, just in time to see Bada's hands reaching for your arms. You let her strong hands hold on to you as she guides you through the moves.

Was it just your imagination, or did you see Bada sneaking furtive glances at you?

Soon, the session draws to an end. As Bada packs her belongings, the other members hurriedly file out of the room, the maknae being the last one out. Just before she closes the door, she mouths, "Ask her out!", pointing exaggeratedly at Bada.

The door closes, leaving you and Bada alone.

"I'm free this afternoon! Wanna go grab some coffee?"

For a second, you worry you sounded too forward.

"Sure," Bada smiles, and your worries melt away.

And that is how you ended up sitting in the backseat of a car, next to your crush. Your manager had gone 'to get some drinks for himself,' leaving you and Bada in the curtained car, shut off from the outside world.

After some drink sipping and small talk, you both start at the same time:

"So I was wondering— "

"Could I tell you something— "

"You go first," you say to Bada.

Bada takes a deep breath. Then she says, "I think I should quit."

"What?!!"

"I know we've only actually seen each other for two days, but I feel like I've known you for longer. Every time I felt down and unmotivated, I watched your group's performance videos and it got me up and running again. I've only recently known this myself but.. I have a crush on you."

Bada looks away, unable to meet your eyes. 

"It was my dream come true, getting to work with your group on this project. But then I thought, if I kept my feelings for you hidden, that would be unfair to you.. And I wouldn't be able to conceal it much longer, anyways. If that makes you uncomfortable, then I'll drop this project right away. I've prepared a dancer to take my place, if— "

You cut Bada off with a kiss.

Bada's eyes widen in surprise, but only for a moment. She gently caresses your cheeks with her hands, kissing you back softly.

You pull away to find Bada's eyes staring back at yours, sparkling in hope and fear.

"What was that for?"

"I know we've only seen each other for two days, but love at first sight. Everything about you that I've seen so far— the way you laugh, the way your eyes shine when you teach — they only made me fall deeper in love with you."

Bada smiles the widest smile you've ever seen her give— and pulls you in for another kiss, deeper this time.