Chapter 4: Lumiose City

It took a couple days, but Jaydin and Zoroark finally reached one of the gates to Lumiose City. After stepping foot inside they saw tons of people going about their day.

"This place feels more lively than the last time we were here" Zoroark commented.

"Well it has been a couple months since then, so that could be true" Jaydin said.

"So are we gonna head to the gym now?" Zoroark asked.

"I was thinking just spending today looking around and then challenging the gym tomorrow" Jaydin said.

Zoroark shrugged her shoulders. "I guess that's fine with me."

As they walked, they saw buildings that looked almost brand new.

"Team Flare's attack on Lumiose City 10 years ago still seems fresh to people here doesn't it" Jaydin said.

"Seems that way. I remember hearing stories about it. It was stopped by Ash and his friends and the leader was never found" Zoroark said.

As they continued to walk, a couple teenage girls came up to Jaydin.

"Excuse me, are you new here?" One of them asked.

"Oh, u-um, I guess you could s-say that" Jaydin said anxiously.

"Are you free? If you are do you want to hang out with us?" The other girl asked.

Zoroark's eyes turned more demonic as a dark aura enveloped her. Jaydin could sense her growing rage and jealousy.

'Not good! If this keeps up, Zoroark will probably blindly attack anyone who comes near me. I have to turn them down gently and not make a scene' Jaydin thought to himself.

The girls were anticipating his answer while Zoroark's claws were twitching.

"I'm really sorry...but I actually need to be somewhere right now, so some other time ok?" Jaydin said softly as he gripped the back of his head with a genuine apologetic expression.

The two girls remained frozen, only letting out inaudible noises. Jaydin pulled Zoroark away as they took their leave. The girls still hadn't moved after what Jaydin did.

'I hope I wasn't too rude to those girls...' he thought.

The girls let out a few more noises before they both gasped with deep blushes.

"Did I just meet a guy I love?!" One of them squealed.

"Just hearing his voice added years to my life!" The other squealed.

Eventually Jaydin reached a building that looked familiar. He and Zoroark went inside and saw a man standing with a couple aides. The man turned around.

"Oh sorry! I didn't see you there" he said apologetically. He suddenly had a look of realization. "Jaydin? Could that be you?"

"Hey Professor Sycamore, it's been a while" Jaydin said.

"It sure has! It's good to see you again! How are you?" Sycamore asked.

"I'm doing good. I got 7 badges and also this" Jaydin said as he showed his Mega fingerless glove.

"Oh wow! So you can access Mega Evolution now? And I assume with Audino correct?" Sycamore said.

"Yup, we got it in Shalour City after we defeated Korrina" Jaydin explained.

"Well congratulations then!" Sycamore said. He suddenly got an idea. "Um, Jaydin, could I possibly ask a favor of you?"

"What's up professor?" Jaydin asked.