Chapter 5: Jaydin vs Clemont

Zoroark was walking in a dark space. Suddenly spotlights illuminated a few individuals. She recognized them as her teammates. She went up to them.

"Hey guys, what're you—" she said but stopped when they slowly disappeared before she could touch them.

She was shocked and her breath hitched. She looked and saw all of them fade away one by one. She didn't understand what was happening. She spotted Jaydin with his back turned.

"Jaydin!" She called out.

Jaydin turned around. He smiled. "Zoroark..."

Zoroark ran up to her partner and engulfed him in a tight hug.

"W-What's happening Jaydin?? Where did our friends go??" She said with tears.

"...they went away" was all Jaydin said.

Zoroark pulled back and looked at him with shock.

"What? W-...W-What do you mean by that?"

Jaydin placed his hands on her face. He gave her a sad smile.

"We all have to go away..." he said.

Zoroark was even more confused. Jaydin started to fade away.

"Wait, no! Not you! Anyone but you!! I need you!!" Zoroark pleaded.

"I have to go away too Zoroark..." Jaydin said.

"The hell you do!! What about our promise?! To always stay together! I don't want to be away from you!! I love you!" Zoroark begged with heavy tears.

Jaydin was about to fully fade away. His voice echoed one last time.

"Goodbye...Zoroark..."

Jaydin fully disappeared, leaving Zoroark all alone.

"No...don't go...come back...! Please come back Jaydin...! Please!!" She said as her whole body shook. "JAYDIN!!!!!!!!!!"

Zoroark gasped as she shot up from the bed. She was breathing heavily as sweat dripped down her face. She looked around and saw she was in the room they were staying at. She desperately scanned around the room. She located all of her teammates nearby, soundly asleep. She let out a sigh of relief. She looked down and saw Jaydin sleeping. She struggled to swallow the lump in her throat as her tears fell. She laid back down and held Jaydin tightly in her arms and kissed him on the forehead as she continued to cry herself back to sleep.

The morning Sun started to rise as everyone slowly got up. Greninja got up first, followed by Audino and Togekiss. They stealthily started to prepare Jaydin's clothes for the day and some snack bars for a quick breakfast. Duraludon was still asleep and was snoring with his mouth open and tongue out, a little bit of drool hung down.

"So charming..." Togekiss said with a deadpan look.

A couple grunting noises were heard. The girls looked and saw Marshadow moving around on his pillow.

"Is he having a nightmare?" Audino asked with a concerned look on her face.

Greninja was about to nudge him we he suddenly produced the biggest fart he could.

"Ugh...that's so much better...!" He grunted.

He slowly opened his eyes and saw the girls looking at him with angry blushing faces.

"Um...m-morning?" He said with nervousness.

"You..." Togekiss started.

"Are so..." Audino continued.