Chapter 9: The Start of Something New

The two humans continued to be in shock at the current situation unfolding.

"Are you sure you this is your room? A boy and a girl can't share a room together" the girl said.

"I'm as confused as you are, Principal Lillie gave me the key to this room, I doubt she'd make a mistake like this" Jaydin countered.

The girl was surprised. "Principal Lillie? She assigned you to this room?"

"Yeah, but she didn't tell me that my roommate would be a girl" Jaydin assured her. When that was said, he finally realized something. "U-Um, maybe you should p-put something on" he said while looking away.

The girl looked down and remembered she only had towels on. She blushed deep red as she muffled her screaming. She quickly grabbed some spare clothes and ran back into the bathroom.

Jaydin faced the girl's Pikachu next.

"I'm sorry we startled you by the way, and I swear we didn't know there was a girl living here" he said.

"I wasn't expecting it, but thanks for not attacking me" she said.

"I'd never intentionally attack a Pokemon" Jaydin said.

Pikachu then realized something.

"Wait a minute...you can understand what I'm saying?"

"Yeah, I can understand what all Pokemon are saying, I don't know why though, but it certainly helps a lot" Jaydin said.

Pikachu was in awe by this. The girl finally returned from the bathroom. She had removed the towel covering her hair. She had long ruby red hair that was tied into a ponytail, she was also wearing a thick pair of round shaped framed glasses, had a light skin tone and had sapphire blue eyes. She was also wearing a plain white t-shirt and blue jeans that cut off right above her ankles.

"Sorry again about just bursting in like that" Jaydin said apologetically.

"I-It's fine, at least you didn't do anything weird to me" she said shyly.

Jaydin was confused what she meant but brushed it off. "My name's Jaydin Silver, and this is my partner Zoroark."

Zoroark didn't say anything, still a little bit surprised at seeing another girl.

"I'm Reeka Amana (pronounced Ree Ka Ah Mon Nah) and this is my partner Pikachu" she said as Pikachu jumped onto her shoulder. Said Pokemon adjusting her glasses before greeting them.

"Hey Reeka guess what? He can understand Pokemon too!" Pikachu said.

Reeka was surprised again. She looked at Jaydin.

"Can you really?!"

"Yeah, I've always been able to" Jaydin said with a nod.

Zoroark finally came back to reality. She stepped forward.

"So you're gonna be Jaydin's roommate then?" She asked rather calmly.

"U-Um...y-yeah I g-guess" Reeka said, greatly intimidated by her.

"Well then...allow me to make this very clear to you...if you hurt Jaydin in any way...there will be no trace of your existence, got it?" She said with an intense glare.

Both Reeka and Pikachu shook with fear.

"Y-Yes ma'am...!" "Y-Yes ma'am...!" They both said.

"Zoroark, you don't have to be like that" he said as he placed a hand on her shoulder. "Sorry about her, she's very protective of me" he said.