Chapter 8: Enrollment

Jaydin and Zoroark finally arrived at the front gate to Alola Academy. They marveled at just how large the area was.

"Now that's what I call an entrance" Zoroark said.

"Yeah no kidding" Jaydin said.

The duo entered through the gate. There was a large open area with different buildings in the back. There was also a big water fountain in the middle displaying all four Island Guardians etched into it.

"Something tells me this is just the courtyard or something" Jaydin said.

"Something's telling me that too" Zoroark said.

"Guess we should make our way towards..." Jaydin started by stopped.

They both remained motionless as they processed something.

"Where do we even go?!" "Where do we even go?!" The two said at the same time.

Zoroark refocused first.

"Calm down, there's gotta be a directory or someone we can ask right?" Zoroark asked.

"At this point, it's our only option" Jaydin said.

The two traveled deeper into the campus. They tried to find someone to ask where to go but no one was around.

"Damn, where is everybody? There's neither a person or a Pokemon around here" Zoroark said, growing increasingly frustrated.

"Hey! You there! You guys lost?" A voice called out.

Jaydin and Zoroark turned to see a man waving at them. Jaydin decided to tuck his Z-Ring into his backpack for now. They both walked up to him. He had darker skin, grey pants, a lab coat with no shirt on, glasses and a white hat.

"Yeah we are. Do you know where we go to talk about enrollment or something?" Jaydin asked.

"Oh? You want to enroll here? Did you get an application letter from administration?" The man asked.

"Actually, Professor Sycamore from Kalos offered to help me enroll for a semester" Jaydin answered.

"Professor Sycamore? So that means you must be Jaydin Silver then" he said.

"Yup, that's me. And this is my partner Zoroark" Jaydin said. Zoroark let out a greeting sound.

"A pleasure to meet you. I'm Professor Kukui, the regional professor of Alola" he said.

Jaydin was about to shake his hand when he finally processed what he had just heard.

"Y-...You're Professor Kukui?"

Zoroark slightly smirked. 'Fanboy personality in 3...2...1...'

Jaydin grew excited as sparkles covered his eyes. "No way!! So that means Ash lived with you when he first came to Alola right?! What was he like back then?! What were his trial battles like?! His first Z-Crystal was the Normalium-Z right?! Does he still have it?! All I've seen him use is the one with his Pikachu! He's still the champion right?! When was he last here?! Is he here right now?!"

Professor Kukui sweatdropped at Jaydin's actions. Zoroark silently giggled to herself. She placed a claw over Jaydin's lips.

"Alright fanboy Jaydin, it's time for regular Jaydin to come back now" she said.

Jaydin took a couple breaths. He finally recomposed himself.

"Sorry about that, I-I'm a huge fan of Ash" Jaydin said as he rubbed the back of his head.

Professor Kukui chuckled. "I can certainly tell. Ash has quite the multitude of fans right now. But to answer your last question, he is not currently here."