Chapter 16: Midterm Mayhem

Things have been pretty busy for Jaydin and the others upon their return to Alola. For one, their classmates have been swarming Jaydin and Reeka, the latter being treated surprisingly well despite some of the girls' remaining jealousy from her spending the most time with Jaydin. Second, Damian seems to be hellbent on humiliating Jaydin and taking Reeka from him, so much so that he's started to neglect his schoolwork.

It was now the beginning of April, and the midterm exams were nearing. For Jaydin and Reeka, the academic side didn't particularly bother them, but they still studied hard regardless. For the battle part however, it was making Reeka nervous.

Not only will the midterms give Reeka a chance to rank up further, but it also gives Jaydin another chance to outdo Damian.

"The midterms are next week right?" Jaydin asked during Homeroom.

"Yeah..." Reeka said with clear nervousness.

Jaydin placed a hand on her shoulder, surprising her and making her blush.

"Don't worry, you'll do great, just like you did in the first major exams" Jaydin said with a reassuring smile.

"Jaydin..." Reeka said with awe. She smiled and nodded her head.

Pikachu and Charcadet were playing a video game on an old fashioned handheld that Jaydin and Reeka got them on Reeka's desk.

"Yes! I've sunk your battleship! All that's left is your submarine!" Pikachu said with excitement.

"Don't think you've won yet, I'm almost done sinking your aircraft carrier and I've already sunk your submarine, all I need to do is find your battleship" Charcadet said.

"I still haven't used my sonar scanner, I'll find it in no time" Pikachu said.

Jaydin and Reeka watched them happily playing. It was great seeing Charcadet having fun.

Zoroark was off to the side snuggling with Teddiursa, both blissfully giggling. Barbara, while still maintaining her deadpan expression, blushed as she took pictures of the two on her phone. Even Noctowl was amused at watching the two interact.

Reeka had been having this feeling lately, a feeling of guilt. She peaked inside her bag, looking at Meltan's ball safely tucked inside a special pocket. Jaydin saw her staring down at her bag. He figured out what she was looking at.

"That's Meltan's ball right?" Jaydin said in a volume only she could hear.

"Yeah, I just feel bad that I never let Meltan out until we get back to the dorms" Reeka said with a guilty face.

"Have you ever thought about revealing him? I mean, it wouldn't be as bad compared to me revealing Marshadow" Jaydin said.

Reeka sighed. She had been on the fence about it for a while. Plus Jaydin did have a point. After all, Ash once had a Meltan, and everyone seemed fine with that.

"I'll talk to him after school about it" Reeka said.

Jaydin nodded in agreement. Soon after the bell rang and the school day started.

To everyone, the written exams were already well known, however the battle exams were not known. There were constant rumors going around on what it'll be. It was lunchtime and said rumors were the main topic.

"Wonder what the battle exam is this time" Jaydin said.

"There's tons of rumors going around. Some say it'll be a 3v3" Reeka said.

"Y'know we can always ask Marshadow to sneak in and find out for us" Pikachu suggested.

Everyone looked at Pikachu with an unreadable expression.