Chapter 11: Proclamation for Examination

The second week of the semester was now underway. All the exams were scheduled to take place on Friday. Some were nervous while others were anticipating the results. It was home room for Jaydin and Reeka. Jaydin and Zoroark were awake while Reeka and Pikachu still had some sleep left. Mallow got everyone's attention.

"Alright everyone, before I go I have a few announcements for you all" she said.

"Announcements?" One student asked.

"The first is regarding your exams. As you all know, all the written exams are Friday, however there won't be any classes on Thursday, as this will be a day for you all to study. There will also be a battle test as well. These will take place during lunch and after 7th period on Friday. In regards to the battle test, the opponents will be chosen at random, and don't worry, none of you will be facing anyone from the upperclassmen group. I will be revealing the matchups on Friday before 1st period" she explained.

Jaydin and Damian side eyed each other, the former frowned while the latter smirked.

"What happens to the person who loses their match?" One student asked.

"That's an excellent question. Your final grade isn't decided if you win or lose. What the examiners are grading you on is how well you and your Pokemon work together" Mallow answered.

Everyone seemed to relax a little after hearing that.

"As for the second announcement. A student from a different class is transferring to here" Mallow said.

Everyone was greatly intrigued by this.

'C'mon hot girl! C'mon hot girl!' Most of the guys thought internally.

'I don't think my heart can handle another hot guy, so please be a cute girl' most of the girls thought.

The door opened. A girl with black hair came in on an electric wheelchair, a Teddiursa sat on her lap while a Noctowl was perched on one of the handlebars. She had a deadpan look on her face. She parked next to Mallow and faced the class.

"I'm Barbara, I'll be joining all of you now" she said in her monotone voice.

'So cute!!' All the girls squealed internally.

'So not hot!!' All the guys thought.

"Now then, Barbara, why don't you take a spot next to..." Mallow said while searching for a good spot for Barbara.

"Ms. Mallow, I wanna go over there" she said while pointing her finger out.

Mallow followed her finger and saw she was pointing to the spot next to Jaydin.

"You want to take a spot next to Jaydin in the back?" Mallow asked.

Barbara nodded and let out a "hmm" with her same deadpan expression.

"Is that alright with you Jaydin?" Mallow asked.

"Sure, no problem" Jaydin replied, Zoroark also giving a nod of approval.

Barbara made her wheelchair go to her desired spot. Jaydin and Reeka scooted their desks a little bit over to give Barbara some room to park her wheelchair.

"Hey Barbara, I didn't think you'd transfer here" Jaydin said.

"I made the request to transfer. And to be put in the same ranking system as everyone else" Barbara answered bluntly.

Everyone else was shocked.

"Are you sure you're okay with that Barbara?" Reeka asked with concern for her friend.

Barbara turned to her and simply nodded.

"Big Sis can handle anything!" Teddiursa said with a lot of energy.