Chapter 14: Field Trip to Paldea

After the eventful day the group had, things started to get back to normal, or what passes for normal for them. After confirming with every witness present, Jaydin received an award for his bravery and quick action on saving Reeka's life. His name was engraved on a special wall in the administrative building. He was also allowed to ask for anything he wanted, within reason. Jaydin thought about it, not knowing what he would want. An idea suddenly came to him.

He remembered that he still doesn't have a Z-Crystal for his Z-Power Ring. He was going to ask for a Marshadium-Z Crystal but realized it would make others suspicious. So he opted to request a Ghostium-Z Crystal.

After getting it, Kukui taught him how to perform the dance. He was surprised when Jaydin told him he had one, and even more surprised when Jaydin told him he got it from Tapu Koko. Reeka of course was shocked when he told her the story, although that happened soon after the two started living together.

It was Wednesday afternoon when Jaydin got the Z-Crystal. He was currently in a battle against Kukui on the shore outside his house. Reeka, Burnet and Lei watched the two battle.

"Incineroar use Darkest Lariat!" Kukui said with his hand out.

Incineroar powered up it's claws and spun like a tornado. It made its way towards Zoroark.

"Deflect it with Night Daze!" Jaydin countered.

Zoroark slammed her fists into the ground, causing dark energy to burst out. It made contact with Incineroar and broke its spinning.

"Flamethrower!" Jaydin and Kukui said at the same time.

Zoroark shot out her attack from her mouth while Incineroar shot its attack from its fiery belt. The two attacks collided, causing an explosion. Jaydin used this to advantage.

"Let's go Zoroark!" He said as he activated his Z-Power Ring. Zoroark copied Jaydin's movements.

Kukui smirked as he placed a Firium-Z Crystal on his Z-Ring.

"Let's go Incineroar!" Kukui said as he activated his Z-Ring. Incineroar copied his movements as well.

"Zoroark! Never-Ending Nightmare!!" Jaydin yelled as he waved one arm around while he raised his other arm in the air (remember the animation of Ash when he used the Grassium-Z move with Rowlet? Picture Jaydin doing that here).

"Incineroar! Inferno Overdrive!!" Kukui yelled.

Zoroark and Incineroar let out huge battle cries as the performed their respective Z-moves.

The attacks collided, causing a huge explosion. Jaydin and Kukui grunted as they held onto their hats. Reeka had to hold onto Pikachu as the two grunted. Burnet held onto Lei until the attacks died down.

After it ended, it showed Zoroark still standing, albeit breathing heavily, while Incineroar laid motionless.

"Alright!" Jaydin cheered with his fist in the air. He ran up to Zoroark and engulfed her into a big hug, making her blush.

Reeka let out a breath of excitement and a face to match it, complete with blushing cheeks.

"That was so cool!" Pikachu said with awe.

"Z-Moves are so amazing...!" Reeka said.

"Aww, dad lost..." Lei said sadly.

"Maybe so, but Jaydin looked pretty cool too right?" Burnet asked her son.

Lei shook off his sadness. "Yeah! Jaydin looked really cool too!"

Kukui recalled Incineroar and thanked it. He walked up to Jaydin. Reeka and Pikachu had already joined Jaydin and congratulated him and Zoroark.