Chapter 2: Trouble in Green Hill

- Green Hill Zone -
South Island

A blur of blue, yellow, silver and red sped through the hills of Green Hill. A race was going on. Coming in first place was the blue blur himself, Sonic. Tails, Silver and Knuckles were just behind him.

 Tails, Silver and Knuckles were just behind him

The four ran through a shuttle loop. Not long after that, Silver began to slowly catch up to Tails. This only made Knuckles more desperate and he began to run a tiny but faster. This whole time, Sonic hasn't had to change his pace at all. He is simply that fast. Silver caught up to Tails. Knuckles was growing more desperate and was further behind. He tried his best, but he could barely keep up the pace. The four were approaching the finish line. Tails, Silver and Knuckles were going as fast as they could. Silver surpassed Tails by a couple feet. Almost there. The four swiftly crossed the finish line. Sonic of course won and was consistently in first place, Silver just barely came in second place, Tails came in third place and Knuckles was in dead last place.
"See? I told you we could keep up with you Sonic." Silver declared.
"I guess I was wrong to not believe you and Tails. Knuckles on the other hand..." Sonic laughed.
"Hey shut up! I could have gone faster!" Knuckles shouted.
"Don't get ahead of yourself Knuckles." Tails calmly told Knuckles.
Sonic stopped laughing. "Jokes aside, you two were actually quite impressive."
"Ah, thank you." the other three all replied in unison.

- Unknown location -

The Shadowy Man could see the four furry friends congratulating each other on their race on one of his monitors.
"Bring me Doctor Eggman and his cohorts." The man ordered.

- Green Hill -
South Island

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Silver were taking a walk, discussing their race.
Suddenly, from the bottom of the hills, Doctor Eggman appeared, piloting his Egg Mobile.

"Doctor Eggman!!" Sonic shouted. "What are you up to this time?!"
"You know the drill, Sonic!" Eggman replied. "I will never give up on my conquest to find the Chaos Emeralds and rule Mobius!"
"How many times do we have to teach you this lesson, Egghead?!"
"I don't care! I have my most masterful plan yet! Thanks to help of the new dark lord, I have a complete genius plan!"
"A new dark lord?" Tails questioned.
Two more entities jumped in right beside Eggman. A red and black colored hedgehog and a metallic, hedgehog-like, blue robot.

 A red and black colored hedgehog and a metallic, hedgehog-like, blue robot

"Shadow? Metal?" Sonic was shocked

"Shadow? Metal?" Sonic was shocked. "Shadow, what's gotten into you?"

 "Shadow, what's gotten into you?"

"Shut it!" Shadow replied angrily.
"What is this new plan of yours?" Knuckles asked Eggman.
"Oh, I'll never tell." Eggman laughed.
"We will find those Chaos Emeralds before you do!" Silver shouted.
"I have no more time for this." Eggman sighed. "Eggrobos, do your thing!"
Ten Eggrobos jumped from the top hill as Eggman and Metal Sonic flew away and Shadow teleported away.
Sonic curled into a ball and performed a spin dash before performing a slide kick. Knocking down two Eggrobos. Sonic then curled into a ball again and homed into another Eggrobo.
Tails pulled out his blaster and shot an Eggrobo with an energy ball. The electrical shot went right into the robot's circuits, shutting it down. Tails then proceeded to leap onto another Eggrobo, grabbed it, carried it into the air and threw it off into the distance.
Knuckles performed two strong punches each on two Eggrobos. He then burrowed his way underground. The Eggrobo stood there trying to figure out where Knuckles went before he reemerged to the surface and curled into a ball, performing a homing attack. Knocking the Eggrobo down.
Silver lifted a rock into the air using his psychokinesis.
"How about this?!" Silver shouted before throwing it at an Eggrobo. Knocking its head clean off. Silver then used his psychokinesis to lift and suspend another Eggrobo into the air. "It's no use! Take this!" Silver shouted before thowing the Eggrobo off into the distance.
The Eggrobos had been dealt with.
"We gotta go find those emeralds fast!" Tails said.
"I believe in us!" Sonic declared. "Team, let's move!!"
The four then sped away.