Chapter 15: Subcon

- Subcon -

Mario and Luigi had hopped out of a pipe. They were inside a small cave with an exit right in front of them.
However, when they exited the cave, they were somewhere else. Somewhere peculiar.
"Mario, I don't think we're in the Mushroom Kingdom anymore." Luigi commented.
"I know what this is. I've been here before in a dream." Mario replied.
The brothers saw a two Shy Guys and a Tweeter coming their way. Mario headed over to a small patch of brown grass, pulled out a vegetable and threw it at the monsters. Taking them all out.
"Isn't our whole thing stomping on enemies?" Luigi asked.
"Usually." Mario replied. "But the ones here are built different and need to be hit with a projectile to be taken out. If you try and stomp on one, you just stand on top of it, but you can pick them up, but unless they're thrown at another enemy, they just get back up."
"I'll try to remember that." Luigi replied back.
The two brothers saw two more Shy Guys and another Tweeter. But right by them was a POW Block. Mario ran over, picked it up and threw it. The POW Block hit the ground and all the nearby enemies were taken out.
The brothers came across a wooden bridge over a waterfall with two more Shy Guys and a Tweeter walking across it. Luigi hopped on the first Shy Guy, picked it up and threw it. Knocking the other Shy Guy and the Tweeter off the bridge.
The bridge came to an end, but not the waterfall.
"How are we gonna get across?" Luigi questioned.
Mario noticed two logs slowly falling from the waterfall.
"Look." Mario pointed at the logs. "Now's our chance."
The two brothers hopped on and off the two logs and back to the surface as fast as they could before the logs dropped down the waterfall.
Back on the surface, the brothers came across a hill with three Shy Guys walking down it and a POW Block at the top. Luigi hopped to the top of the hill, avoiding the Shy Guys, and picked up and threw the POW Block, taking out the Shy Guys.
The two brothers came across a cave and quickly entered it. They were immediately met with a Ninji. Mario immediately picked up a vegetable from the grass and threw it. Taking out the Ninji.
The two then came across another waterfall with a long stalk next to it. They climbed up the stalk and made it to the upper part of the cave.
When they got off the stalk, they were met with the exit and quickly left the cave.
They exited out of the side of a hill and were met with a Shy Guy walking their way. Luigi grabbed a vegetable from a nearby patch of grass and threw it, taking it out.
They then saw another stalk and climbed up it.
At the top of the stalk, they two brothers came across a pink Yoshi-like dinosaur with a funnel-shaped mouth wearing a red bow. It was Birdo. And she was carrying some sort of crystal.

 And she was carrying some sort of crystal

Birdo shot an egg at the two plumbers. Luigi ducked while Mario hopped on the floating egg, picked it up and threw it at Birdo. Dealing damage to her.
"Let me try that." Luigi said.
Birdo shot another egg at the two brothers and Luigi hopped on it, picked it up and threw at Birdo. Once again dealing damage.
Birdo was reaching her limit. Instead of shooting an egg, this time she shot a fireball at Mario and Luigi. The two brothers ducked before the fireball could hit them.
As Mario and Luigi stood up and Birdo was ready to fire off another projectile, a large bomb with a P on it was seemingly thrown out of nowhere at Birdo. And before she could react, Birdo was blown out the area by the little explosion. Knocking the crystal out of her hand.
"Who the hell threw that?" Luigi questioned.
Just then, Bomberman jumped down to reveal himself.
"Ah, it was you." Luigi said to Bomberman.
Mario went over to the crystal and picked it up. The crystal disappeared and the Mask Gate opened.

Mario, Luigi and Bomberman all walked into the Hawk-like mask's mouth

Mario, Luigi and Bomberman all walked into the Hawk-like mask's mouth. Anticipating where it takes them.