Chapter 17: The Dark Castle

- Dark Castle -
Dream Land

Meta Knight felt lost. He had failed to take over Dream Land and now his ship is in the orange ocean. He felt betrayed. He had sat down in disbelief. Moping.
"Are you lost?" A voice called out?
"Huh?" Mete Knight questioned. "Who said that?"
A red spherical creature with no arms and a mane had revealed himself.
"Me." The creature replied. "The name's Spikeman. I'm a Dark Matter. You looked distraught."
"That's because I am." Meta Knight replied. "I had made a deal with a mysterious dark entity. He promised he would help me conquer Dream Land and eradicate laziness. I took his help, and I still failed. I will not serve him anymore. I will defeat him!"
"That sounds rough." Spikeman replied.
"So what is this place?" Meta Knight asked.
"I don't know." Spikeman replied. "I came here because I saw these black robots carrying King Dedede here. It looked like they had captured him."
"King Dedede? He's here in this castle?" Meta Knight questioned. "Oh god, did he get possessed again?"
"Probably." Spikeman replied.
"We got no time to waste! Let's move out!" Meta Knight announced as his wings had sprung out.
"Well, this is awkward. I would ask for you to grab my hand but you don't have one." Meta Knight said.
"Oh that's okay. I use my tongue." Spikeman replied before pulling out his tongue and latching it on to Meta Knight's hand.
"That is a bit disgusting. But I'm wearing metallic gloves so at least I don't have to really touch it." Meta Knight said before flying off with Spikeman.

Kirby, Yoshi and Bandana Dee had found themselves in a strange, abandoned-looking castle. It looked almost haunted.
They came across a staircase which seemed to take them somewhere on the roof. So they all walked up it.
They were immediately met by King Dedede. But he didn't look like his usual self. He was entirely black and now had red eyes. This was not King Dedede, this was Dark Dedede. As Kirby had predicted, King Dedede had been possessed yet again. But by who?
"Ah, Kirby, Bandana Dee. Welcome." King Dedede greeted. "You're finally here. I will conquer Dream Land and there's nothing you can do to stop me!"
Just as Dark Dedede had finished his sentence, Meta Knight and Spikeman had come swooping down.
Meta Knight was about to strike Dark Dedede with his sword, but the penguin king had blocked it with his hammer.
"Ah Meta Knight. Fancy meeting you here."
Dark Dedede greeted Meta Knight.
"Cut the crap!" Meta Knight replied aggressively. "Stop your possession of King Dedede at once!"
Dark Dedede ignored Meta Knight and immediately dashed over to Kirby and tried to belly slide into him.
Kirby avoided the attack.
Dark Dedede then pulled his hammer back out and tried to squash Kirby with it. Dark Dedede missed and the hammer struck the ground which caused a star to appear. Kirby inhaled the star and spat it out at Dark Dedede.
With Dark Dedede too distracted by Kirby, Yoshi launched an Egg at him.
Dark Dedede turned around to find out who threw that shell at him.
Kirby then took out his cutter and struck Dark Dedede with it. Dark Dedede waled.
With Dark Dedede stunned, Spikeman ran over and slapped him with his tongue.
Dark Dedede then fell to the floor and Meta Knight performed a Mach Tornado attack. Dark Dedede was caught in the small tornado. As soon as that was done, Dark Dedede fell to the floor once again.
Bandana Dee then performed a Parasol Dive and Yoshi performed an Egg Roll onto the overweight penguin.
With all this hits, King Dedede was free from the possession, but he fell unconscious.
Just then, King Dedede's possessor had appeared.
The possessor slowly floated down on to the roof, holding his purple cloak in place which covered his body. He then let go of his cloak and revealed himself.

"The dark priest called Shaft, come to cleanse the world in the forge of chaos

"The dark priest called Shaft, come to cleanse the world in the forge of chaos." The possessor announced.
"So it was you!" Meta Knight shouted at the evil priest.
Shaft casted two green orbs which then turned into fireballs. Kirby and Yoshi ate the fireballs and fired them back at Shaft to his surprise.
"Try this on for size!" Shaft shouted as he cast two more green orbs. But this time, the orbs shot lightning.
The team had moved as fast as they could out of the way as to not get struck by the lightning.
Shaft then summoned two Electro CuBots.
The two CuBots fired jolts of electricity of the team.
Kirby inhaled one jolt and spat it back at one CuBot. Meta Knight swiftly dodged the jolt and struck the other CuBot with his sword.
Shaft's orbs turned into fireballs once again. This time, Kirby and Yoshi dodged them.
Kirby ran over, pulled out his hammer, and struck Shaft with it. Dealing great damage.
With Shaft stunned, Bandana Dee performed a Beam Whip on him.
Shaft grew angrier and roared as his orbs shot lightning. The team barely dodging the bolts.
Spikeman ran over to Shaft so fast he had no time to react and bit him on the left shoulder.
Shaft couldn't handle all the damage anymore and collapsed.
In the meantime, King Dedede had awoken.
"What happened while I was out?" Dedede asked.
"We defeated the dark priest who possessed you. His name was Shaft." Spikeman replied.
"That's a relief." King Dedede replied back.
"Something tells me Shaft isn't the only enemy in this castle." Meta Knight said.
"I say you all go and investigate further." King Dedede suggested. "I am unfortunately not in fighting spirits right now so I can't help you. Sorry."
"We won't let you down King!" Spikeman said to King Dedede.
The team all went down the stairs.
Kirby, Yoshi, Bandana Dee, Meta Knight and Spikeman continued to trek through the castle while King Dedede exited the castle to return to his own castle.