Chapter 22: Goku vs. Vegeta

- Planet Namek -

Goku jumped down from a cliff and onto the field. He had spotted a small glowing sphere. It was the Four Star Dragon Ball.
"I found you." Goku announced.
As he went over to grab it, a burst of energy was shot at him, just barely missing.
Goku looked up at the source of the shot. It was Vegeta. And by the look that Goku saw in his eyes, Goku instantly knew he wanted to fight.
"How about we skip the introductions and get right to it, okay?" Goku suggested.
"My thoughts exactly Kakorot." Vegeta responded before powering up.

Goku began powering up as well.
The two Saiyans always preferred to fight somewhere empty, and a vast open field was just perfect for that.
Vegeta swiftly floated over to Goku and began throwing rapid punches at him, but Goku was able to block all of them by repeatedly dodging each jab.
Vegeta then launched himself feet first into Goku which drifted Goku away by a couple feet.
Vegeta began charging up a Galick Gun attack. In the meantime, Goku began charging up a Kamehameha attack.
"Galick Gun!!!" Vegeta shouted as he fired his shot.

"Kamehameha!!!" Goku shouted as he fired his shot.

The two energy shots collided. Goku and Vegeta used a chunk of their strength for one shot to prevail. Eventually, it became too much to handle and the energy shots exploded, causing the two Saiyans to fall backwards. But it wasn't long before they both got up.
Vegeta used Instant Transmission and teleported right in front of Goku, ready to strike. He tried to throw a left hook at Goku, but Goku grabbed his wrist, twirled him around, and threw him.
Vegeta then powered up again, with Goku following. This time, they both went Super Saiyan Blue.

 This time, they both went Super Saiyan Blue

The two Saiyans then swiftly flew over to each other

The two Saiyans then swiftly flew over to each other. Colliding in the air. Throwing jabs at each other but never landing any of them.
Eventually Vegeta punched Goku right the gut and then elbowed his head, sending him straight down to the ground.
Goku crash landed onto the ground and turned back into his base form.
Vegeta flew down over to Goku.
"Time to show you who the prince of all Saiyans is!" Vegeta yelled.
"...Vegeta. What is the meaning of all of this? What do you want the Dragon Ball for?" Goku asked.
"So that I can become better than you, Kakorot!" Vegeta shouted at Goku. "For the longest time I have aspired to be better than you. And now my wish will finally come true. Under the guidance of the Shadowy Man, I can make my dreams a reality!"
"Shadowy Man? Vegeta, what's gotten into you?" Goku asked.
"He is my new boss." Vegeta replied. "He has been a great help to me for guiding me this far. Even if he is also working with that annoying Frieza and I have to deal with him constantly taunting me."
"Frieza? Vegeta, is power that important to you that you would side with the enemy?" Goku asked.
"You wouldn't understand Kakorot..." Vegeta replied.
"Look at yourself Vegeta, you have become so power hungry that you're willing to throw the whole galaxy under the bus." Goku said to Vegeta.
"Now that I've surpassed you, I can overthrow Frieza and possibly even the Shadowy Man!" Vegeta replied.
"Vegeta, what have you done?!" Goku questioned worriedly.
"I will become the most powerul Saiyan and rule the galaxy as the prince of all Saiyans!" Vegeta shouted before laughing evilly.
"Vegeta, you can't do this." Goku said worriedly.
"Yes I can!" Vegeta continued to laugh. "And there's nothing you can do to stop me!"
Vegeta then used Instant Transmission and teleported elsewhere. Taking the Dragon Ball with him.
"Goku." A voice called out. "You alright?"
"I'm fine Krillin." Goku replied to his long time best friend. "Vegeta has gone low and joined someone known as the Shadowy Man. He plans to overthrow Frieza and rule the galaxy. He's become so consumed by his desires. But I do believe he is not too far gone. I know can bring him back and together, him and I will stop Frieza once again and confront this Shadowy Man!"
Goku stood up.
"I like your confidence Goku." Krillin complimented.
"Let's go, together!" Goku said confidently. "Let's go get Vegeta back, stop Frieza, and confront the Shadowy Man!"