Chapter 23: The Third Chaos Emerald

- Aqua Lake Zone -
South Island

Sonic and his team had come across a huge lake. They knew the third Chaos Emerald had to be somewhere in that lake.
"When I count to three, we're all gonna hold our breaths and jump into the lake." Sonic announced before he began counting. "One, two, three."
The four all began holding their breaths and jumped into the lake. Hoping to find the third Chaos Emerald before they can no longer hold their breaths.
The four began swimming down into a hole which took them into a huge underwater cavern.
As they went deeper, they found another hole that. This time, on the cavern ceiling. There was also a spring on the side of it, so they all jumped up and reached the highest point in the cave. And just on they found a small hole. Sonic turned into a ball and went down the hole as fast as he could underwater. At the bottom, he found the third Chaos Emerald.

Sonic immediately snatched the teal colored stone and swam up back the hole

Sonic showed the emerald to his friends.
The quartet all then retraced their steps and swam all the way back to the shore.
"We're already halfway there!" Sonic said in excitement. "Soon we'll have all six Chaos Emeralds and we will thwart Doctor's Eggman plans once again!"