6|Kill or Be Killed

Emilia's POV

Emilia's POV

I groaned as I pulled the sheets over my head to block the sunlight.

My eyes closed as I listened to the birds chirp. It was peaceful. I seldom hear birds chirp back home.

I instantly shot up when I realized where I was. I was in his room on his bed.

I turned to the space beside me. He was gone.

The door burst open and a masked guard appeared.

"The don wants to see you," he said and I nodded before laying back down.

I tried to close my eyes but I could still sense his presence.

"What?" I asked.

"Now," he ordered and I groaned before getting out of bed.

He silently led me outside to the golf course.

Surrounded by his guards was Santo dressed in a white dress shirt paired with black dress pants. He held his golf club as he keenly faced his objective in front of him.

The atmosphere was completely silent as no one dared to break his concentration.

I looked down on my pink, Hello Kitty pajamas and suddenly became self-conscious. I wanted to go back to the room and curl myself into a ball under his soft sheets.

"Santo-"

Before I could say anything else, he immediately raised his hand to silence me.

He then lowered his hand to the golf club before gently hitting the ball into the hole.

After he was satisfied with his win, he used his club to pull another ball towards him.

I rolled my eyes. "Santo, why am I here?"

He paused before finally turning his attention to me. "I've been asking myself that question since the second I married you."

I immediately turned around and started walking away before he grabbed me.

I finally turned to. "What do you want Santo? To insult me first thing in the morning?"

He watched me for a few more seconds before letting me go. "Do you carry?"

I raised my eyebrow. "What are you talking about?"

He sighed before giving one of the guards a signal.

The guard then walked up to me and handed me his pistol.

"Kill him," Santo ordered and my heartbeat suddenly accelerated.

"W-w-what?" I stuttered.

"Kill him," he repeated as he watched me with a blank expression. "Your father said you were a perfect shot so let's see what you have."