15|Mountain Climbing

Emilia's POV

Emilia's POV

I changed my outfit for the fourth time before finally settling with one of the outfits my mom bought me for my twentieth birthday.

I checked the time on my phone and saw that an hour had already passed.

"Shit," I cursed as I grabbed the first bag I saw and ran out.

To my surprise, Santo was patiently leaning on the wall with his hands in his pockets.

When he noticed me, he leaned up and walked closer to me. "Finally, I thought you passed out in there for a second."

I rolled my eyes and pretended I was mad before walking outside. He soon came following behind me and opened the car door for me.

"Where to?" he asked as he started the car and I froze. "Emilia, you wanted me to send you out alone and you didn't even know where you were going?"

"I thought I would figure it out on the way," I said as I looked down in shame. "I saw an ad for this tourist site in the mountains."

I handed my phone to show him the address and he sighed as he pulled out his phone to enter the coordinates in his GPS.

"I'm beginning to regret this," he said lowly as he started to drive.

The drive was around twenty minutes before we reached the mountainside.

As soon as he parked, I rushed out of the car to feel the strong breeze brushing against my skin.

The green mountain which stood in front of me was higher than I expected but I had a feeling it would be way easier for me than Mr. Grumpy.

I turned to look at him as he got out of the car, already setting up his face to complain.

He put on his sunglasses as he locked the car and walked over to me.

"This is what you want to do for fun?" he asked, not even trying to hide his judgment.

I smiled as I began walking. "Yes."

He caught up to me while holding his phone in the air. "Shit, there's no reception."

"Maybe that's a good thing?" I suggested as we started climbing. "You can start noticing the beautiful things in front of you."

He raised his eyebrow. "Are you trying to send me some kind of coded message, Emilia?"

I scoffed. "Of course not."

He handed me water from his backpack and I looked at him.

"So you do care?"

"No, I would prefer you dying by my hands rather than dying of thirst," he said as he shoved the water in my hand. "Take it. I know you didn't come prepared."

I held in my smile and took the water before putting it into my bag. "Well, thank you."

We continued following the trail and walked in a comfortable silence before he broke it.