48|Ball- Part 1

Emilia's POV

Emilia's POV

1 Week Later

"Don't you think it's too much?" I asked my mom and dad for the tenth time as they watched me.

I haven't left my bedroom for the whole week. It has just been me pathetically sobbing over my husband.

There were many temptations to call him and beg for his forgiveness but I stayed strong.

I had already apologised to him enough and if he still can't forgive me, then we were never meant to be.

We were just two people who were attracted to each other and alone in the same house. Feelings were bound to be caught.

I'm just sorry that I thought he would never hurt me.

He is Santo Valentino after all.

I just thought that things would've been different since he let me in and showed me the soft side to him.

"Emilia, how many times do I have to tell you this?" My mother got up as she fixed my dress. "You're supposed to look too much, you're their leader's wife."

My father got up and handed me a necklace. "I think you should wear this."

When I looked down I saw it was the one Santo had given me with his name on it.

"I think so too," she said. "I don't know why mafia men love to give their wives jewelry with their name on it."

"You think Santo will like me to wear it?" I asked and they both happily nodded.

"Good," I told them. "Then I'm not wearing it."

"Emilia Mariano-Valentino!" My mother shouted.

"What?" I shouted back. "Why do I have to wear everything he gives me? I have to wear his dress and now you want me to wear his necklace too?"

I was trying so hard to stay mad at him but he keeps going out of his way to do these things for me.

I stared at the red formal dress he had sent over for me. It fit my body perfectly and it was comfortable.

Tears formed in my eyes for the fourth time today.

"Emilia, don't," my mom said. "You'll mess up the makeup."

I looked up so I could attempt to calm myself down. "I need a minute."

They both kissed my cheek before silently left my bedroom.

To be honest, I felt nervous to see him again.

The last time we saw each other, it didn't go so well.

We were yelling at each other and hurting each other.

I was afraid that tonight will end the same way.