43|A Rough Night

Emilia's POV

Emilia's POV

"So now Kate is fighting with Rachael because she stole her boyfriend," I explained to him about the movie I was watching while laying on his lap.

I could tell he didn't care and was sleepy, yet he listened anyway.

"Aren't you supposed to be a college student?" He asked me as he played with my hair. "How do you have the time to watch all of this?"

"Honey," I said as I sat up. "It's called good time management."

He smiled at me before his phone started ringing.

"Yes?" He said as he answered the phone. "You found them? I'll be right there."

He hung up before standing up. "I have to go somewhere."

"You're going to kill someone, aren't you?" I asked him and I could already see the guilty look on his face.

"Emilia, this is my work," he said.

"I know that Santo," I told him. "You don't have to hide it from me."

He smiled. "I won't anymore. It's those bastards who caused our honeymoon to end early."

"You found them?" I asked surprised.

He had been searching for them since we returned.

He nodded and I could tell he felt relieved.

"Go," I told him knowing that all he wanted to do was kill them.

"I'll see you later, okay?"

I nodded before he gave me a forehead kiss and rushed out.

I leaned back into the chair as I closed my eyes with a smile.

At this moment, everything in my life felt perfect.

I had a good husband, things were going good in school, and I was feeling happy.

"Meow," I heard James before he jumped up on the couch before deciding my lap was more comfortable.

"I hated you at first," I told him. "I hated you and your father but I like you both now."

He started to purr as I brushed my hands through his thick coat of fur.

I think I can be a good cat mom.

He was so fluffy. "Your father has good taste in the things he chooses to love."

I stretched for my laptop once he fell asleep.

The semester was coming to an end.

I needed to edit my thesis. It was due tomorrow and I haven't done anything because I have been doing my other assignments.

I felt really proud as I scanned through my essay.

This was the first time I've ever written like this.