36|A Tensed Match

Emilia's POV

Emilia's POV

I smiled as I felt his arms tightly wrapped around me. I still can't get used to waking up every morning like this.

I turned around to face him.

His eyes were peacefully shut up as his naked chest rised up and down.

I bit my lips. All of this was mine.

I wanted to do something for him as a birthday gift and also as a thank you for everything he has been doing for me.

Santo was a very simple yet complicated man at the same time.

He didn't care for anything over the top. He enjoyed the simple things such as spending time together over materialistic gifts.

I knew what I was going to do. I'll take him to do what he loves most: golfing.

He opened his eyes and for a moment, we just stared into each other's eyes.

He stretched his hand over to my head before combing his fingers through my hair. I liked that.

He gave me a small smile before removing his hand and closing his eyes again. He was tired.

He worked nonstop this week and drinking with Dante and Jaz last night did not help.

When his breathing slowed down again, I quietly got out of bed and grabbed my phone before heading down to the kitchen.

I've been watching a few cooking videos and I am certain I can get it right this time. There is no way I'm going to make him cook for us today, he needed to rest.

I pulled up an online recipe and got started. I am going to follow all the steps and there's no way I could mess up on this one.

I took my time and after an hour, I had finally finished making the waffles.

As I threw the berries on top, Santo walked in.

He still looked half asleep and his hair was ruffled.

The first thing I did was hand him his coffee.

I smiled as I did so. This was always something I saw my mother and the wives in movies do.

He looked at me skeptically before taking it. We both know that he can't function without drinking his coffee first thing in the morning.

He took a sip before he was back to his old self. "I thought I told you to stay out of my kitchen."

I held his hand and dragged him to the counter where the plates were.

The waffles looked perfect. I didn't burn them or anything.

"Santo, I worked really hard on these. Try them," I begged.

I just wanted to be good at cooking and I'll try over and over until I get it right.