33|Red Roses

Emilia's POV

Emilia's POV

I stuffed my mouth with my cherry cake as I tried to finish my paper. I was once again cutting it close to the deadline.

James curled himself next to me and I smiled. I was warming up to the little sucker.

He was fluffy and didn't cause a lot of trouble. Most of the time I would forget that he was here.

He meant a lot to Santo. Santo treated him like he was his son. How can I hate the cat that my person loves?

"Just this once," I said as I rubbed his tummy.

My phone started ringing and I saw that it was Professor Kate. My phone was busy today.

"Professor Kate, how can I help?" I asked.

"I'm sorry to call you Ms. Mariano but I wanted to make sure that you understand fully," she said.

"Yes, what is it?"

"It's about your assignment. You still haven't turned it in as yet."

"I'm working on it right now, professor. It's not due until another four hours."

"Not that one Ms. Mariano," she said. "You were supposed to redo your thesis and pick a better subject."

"Yes ma'am, I'm finished but I've been so busy that I haven't had much time to edit or get it peer-reviewed."

"You have until the end of the semester, Emilia. This thesis is worth sixty percent of your grade. I read your entrance essay and it re-sparked my passion for psychology. I want to see you do well. You've come too far to mess up now, Emilia."

"Yes ma'am, you will get it before the end of the month. I won't let you down," I promised her.

"That's what I like to hear. Keep it up Ms. Mariano," she said proudly before hanging up.

Professor Kate had always been supportive of me. She was the only professor who took the time to learn my name and personally call me instead of emails. I was lucky to get her as my professor.

The door opened before Santo walked in.

In his hand, was a large bouquet of red roses.

He walked in before handing it to me. "I'm sorry. Last night I was thinking with my dick and didn't consider that this was your first time. I ruined your first experience and I wish I could take it back."

I frowned as I took his flowers. "Santo, I am not mad at you and you didn't ruin my experience. It was perfect."

He looked at me. "Really?"

I smiled as I nodded.

He nodded to the door. "Why don't you take me out for a spin in your new car."

I immediately held my head. I had forgotten all about that.

"My papá is going to kill me," I groaned as regret filled me.