17|Sexual Healing

Emilia's POV

Emilia's POV

I'd always known I would get married.

The plan was to get married to My Forever but things obviously didn't go to plan.

Even though I was prepared to get married, I was never prepared for what occurs in a marriage.

Saying I was going to get married was one thing, however, living with my husband was a different story.

We have fights, we constantly bump into each other, we have awkward moments, and sometimes we have a good time together.

I sipped my coffee as I watched my husband struggle to wake up.

He groaned as he pulled himself up with his eyes still glued shut. His hair was all messy and he had lines on his face.

I bit my lips to stop myself from laughing at him.

"Ah," he said as he held his back while standing up.

I offered to share the bed.

"Good-"

He raised his index finger, indicating to me not to say a single word.

He grabbed a mug and poured out his coffee before drinking it off in one go. He closed his eyes for a few more seconds before opening them and lowering his finger. "Yes?"

"Morning," I finished.

He walked over to the table before taking a slice of toast bread. "Breakfast came early."

"Early?" I asked. "Santo, it's one in the afternoon."

He checked the time on his phone. "Oh."

"I tried waiting on you but I gave in at twelve-thirty."

He nodded his head as he picked up another toast. "Understandable."

"Why did you wake up so late anyway?" I asked. "I'm usually the one who gets up late."

"Do I have to tell you everything?" he asked kind of rudely.

I guess he was back to being grumpy Santo.

I stood up. "No, I was just leaving anyway," I said as I started to walk away but held my wrist and pulled me back. "What do you want Santo?"

"I couldn't sleep, so I went to the bar and had a few drinks," he explained.

I sighed. "Santo, I think we need to set some things straight."

"I'm listening," he said as he looked in front of him.

"I know we're not exactly friends and you don't owe me an explanation for anything but just don't be rude about it. Okay?"

"Mmm," he said as he nodded his head.