Chapter 1

IVORY

I jerked awake at the sudden ring of my
alarm, the annoying shriek filling my ears before I slammed it off. I groaned, sitting up in my bed and examining my room for something unordinary that would make this boring Monday morning more interesting. The sunrise peeked through the curtains in a celestial embrace around my room. It was peaceful... for the least.

I glanced at the clock on my bedside table '6:34AM'. I hated waking up early, but work awaited. I dragged myself out of bed with a soft sigh, making my way to my closet where I picked out my favorite dress, which was a plain white with sunflowers on it... basic, I know, but it was a gift from my grandma a few days before she departed from the world. She had a great taste in fashion and had always wanted to be a fashionista. She'd told me it was her dream when she was in her teens, she would ask me to try these clothes she sewed and gushed over them. I loved being a model for her, and she loved dressing me up.

I'd gladly pose as her model to this day.

I shook those unwelcomed memories out of my head and wiped a tear away as I strut my way to the bathroom, where I brushed my knotted auburn hair into a lazy low bun, proud of myself for at least trying to style my hair even though my hair styling skills sucked. I smiled subtly, slipping on some white, ruffled socks along with my expensive Mary Jane's. Another thing I was proud of was buying a pair of shoes that weren't converse or boots.

I snatched my tote bag, keys, phone, wallet and made my way over to my workplace, I worked in a flower shop for the aesthetic and, of course, flowers. I loved taking care of any type of plant. It was nice. Watering the plants and watching them bloom awake to the sunlight every few months was just what I needed.

I entered the flowershop with a little more pep in my steps than I intended "Hello Mrs. Ruelle!" I beamed at my manager who smiled back at me."Hello Ivory." She greeted me back with a subtle nod before vanishing back into her office. I checked in, sliding on some gloves as I filled up the water can with water and swayed my way over to the flowers. The bell rang, and it caught my attention, my neck snapping to the entering customer only to find out it was him...