Chapter 11

ZAYN

The sunlight would've fucking blinded my eyes if the curtains weren't closed. I groan and open my eyes- This isn't my room... my head snaps to my right only to see a sleeping Ivory, snuggled up peacefully in the warm covers, one leg sticking out. The adrenaline rush from yesterday must've made me lose control..

I slowly get out of bed, careful not to wake her up. I smoothed the hair out of her face, moved her leg back under the covers, and kissed her forehead. I threw my clothes back on and went over to the kitchen.

My phone was already buzzing with a phone call once I walked past the living room. I looked at the caller ID "Julia" It's just my sister. She's called me a thousand times already. She should know I'm 27 and have my own life, but I love her nonetheless.

"Yes?" I picked up the call,"Zayn!" Julia gritted her teeth, even over the line I could tell she had that scowl on her face "Julia." I answered in a monotone."Where are you?! I've been trying to call you— God knows how many times!"
"What do you need?" I sighed.
"Didn't you hear?"
"Hear... what?"

...

...

...

No response.

"Julia?" I called over the line, I could hear heavy breathing and... not just that- I could hear Julia sobbing, glass shattering, and yelling followed her heartbreaking sobs. "Is everything okay?" My tone softened in a hush. I could tell she was scared once I picked up the call. My gut was telling me to go over there ASAP, but I couldn't leave Ivory right after what happened yesterday.

I left Ivory a note in the kitchen as well as some money on the counter. I put on my shoes and my jacket before dashing out, I had to walk all the way back to COME & GIFT IT so I could get my car. Thankfully, I didn't forget my keys. I got in the driver's seat and turned on the car, It'd be a 7 hour drive to get from Pennsylvania to Vermont, but I didn't care... I had time...

I just hope Ivory sees the note.