Chapter 13

IVORY

When I woke up, we were already there. Roy took out my bags from the car trunk. I sigh, coming back to my senses.. though we weren't in Pennsylvania, this place looked like the typical place you'd go for a vacation. Pulling my blanket off with a grunt, I get out of the car, my back hunched and body numb. I was a complete mess, but it's not my fault that car rides are absolute heaven.

Jesus, I probably looked like Mike Wazowski in an alternative universe due to the way Roy looked at me like he's seen a second head grow out of my body. Seeing his phone camera flash, I straighten myself, cheeks red out of embarrassment.

"Um... if you don't mind me asking. Where are we?" I cleared my throat, smoothing my hand over my tangled hair... I swear I will cut the whole thing off if it doesnt stop bothering me.

Roy handed me my bags, a subtle smirk on his lips. I could see the small wrinkles on the man's face, which made him look charming and polite yet stern and intimidating. He opened his mouth to speak, only to get cut off by a rich, velvety voice.

"We're in Vermont, sweetheart."

Zayn approached from behind me, placing his hand on the small of my back, smiling down at me gently. It made my hormones scream, and my insides twist. His voice and touch do pleasant yet terrifying things to me. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

My face turns a deeper crimson, feeling like I was gonna combust out of embarrassment at Zayn seeing me like this. I snap out of my trance and smile back up at Zayn. The realization hits me, and my jaw drops so low that I could practically feel the rubble under our shoes grazing my chin.

"In Vermont?! What are we doing here?" I peeped, gazing at the colorful view. The tree's leaves were painted in warm colors, the sun glew, making the area sparkle and shine in its most devine ways, the soft wind strangling my breath away.

"You'll see," Zayn chuckled, his hand grasping my shoulder with such tenderness yet firmness I melt. He spins me around and into his arms as he walks me towards inside the lively park, Roy stalked us from behind with my luggage. "For now, let's get you ready for the day, love."

We walked down the path while the birds chirped their cheerful song, I spotted a baby deer and couldn't help but awe out loudly that I accidentally scared it for a split second. Zayn walked us into a cozy, large cabin. The outside was decorated with lamps and flower pots alongside a table for two. On the table was a dimly lit lantern, like the ones I had at home. There was a pond near the cabin, where a duck swam with its friend.

Zayn held open the door for me. "After you, my sweet." He insisted smugly. I bowed playfully, and when I stepped inside...

My breath was taken away for the millionth time already. The cabin consisted of a living room, bathroom, kitchen, and a bedroom. But not just that. It looked so comfortable and cozy, like I could fall asleep the moment I sat down. There were plants everywhere, fluffy rugs, fluffy blankets, soft pillows, lamps, etc. This didn't seem like Zayns aesthetic, but I felt as welcome as at home.

"Welcome to my now yassified safe space. I decorated it extra for you." He began, placing a kiss to my forehead. Roy had already left the two of us, my luggage at the front of the door, waiting to be unpacked. "I hope you like it." He finished, looking at my reaction.