Chapter 8

ZAYN

I waited until Ivory went back to her room, following her every movement as she disappeared behind that door. I sighed, letting my tense shoulders relax. I have 5 missed calls from Julia, I just sent her a quick text saying I'm okay which is half true. The stab wound from earlier hurts like a bitch, although I couldn't tell Ivory what happened back there after she left...

I watched as Ivory ran to find her phone before I turned back to the fucker who had a big grin plastered on his face you could confuse him for that Momo bird. "Well Sinclair, looks like you've fucked up." Chris pointed out and I could see shadows.. no, eyes emerge from the dark. Was this guy a wizard or did he run some sketchy gang? 1... 2... 3... 4?! 5?! FIVE?! "Damn.." I muttered under my breath "What's wrong Sinclair? Scared you'll lose?" Chris taunted and I almost lost my cool, I could blow up his house if I wanted, yet I didn't chose to. "No, just surprised at what sore loser you are, actually I'm not surprised" no, but seriously. Who needs that much backup just to meet their ex again? Kind of lame if you ask me. I mean, if you can't keep your feelings in check, why bother?

I felt my guts churn at Chris scowl and his 5 lackeys, reaching around my waistband to grab my gun. I knew chaos was about to break as soon as he got his minions to go at me, I wouldn't be surprised if he DID run some sketchy gang. As the fight broke out, I found myself on the weaker side but I managed to take 3 of them. Chris and his sidekicks got scared and he gestured for them to follow him as they fled. I gasped for air and slid down the brick wall, I let out a sharp exhale as the wounds bled through my clothes, damnit. Heaven greeted me as Ivory came to the rescue, the police weren't called, nor the ambulance, but it was better that way.

I could feel my obsession for Ivory growing, but I couldn't tell her that or the incident with her ex. I shouldn't have chosen to wear a suit today if I knew THAT was gonna happen, but it's not like I had a choice.

I glanced around the apartment. It was different compared to my penthouse. It was colorful, cozy, and well-balanced,  but there were a dozen of plans.. no wonder she's a florist.

I was just about to get up when Ivory popped out of nowhere and pushed me back down. Since I was still a little dizzy, i let it slide. "Where do YOU think you're going?" She scolded as if she were a mother scolding her child. "Home?" I replied sheepishly, and she placed her hands on her hips. "No, you can't in this shape." "You're acting as if I broke a leg. I could just catch a taxi." I waved her off, but she forced me on the couch. "YOU. ARE. STAYING-" a loud thunder from outside caught her off guard, making her yelp. I laughed and turned to the weater report only to frown.

Seriously? A fucking thunderstorm in the middle of September? I wouldn't be surprised if I found out Mother Nature despised me so badly that she chose a thunderstorm just now. That upped Ivorys smugness. "Can't go home now, can't you?" She dictated, looking at me with the smuggest grin I've ever seen on her face. "Are you trying to intimidate me?" I inquired. She smirked. "Maybe, and I see that it's working."

I would've pinned her down and showed her who's boss, but in this state, I could barely move due to how stiffly she bandaged my leg. I scowled, "Careful, Lisette. I suggest you don't test me." Fuck the pinning down, bending her over my knee and spanking her ass raw sounded better. "You don't bite, so why should I?" She drawled. Although I could hear the tightness in her voice, she noticed that I noticed too and when flushed. I smirked. "Who said I didn't?"

Ivory glew red, but she didn't back down. She leaned in closer and traced her finger down my arm. "Would you care to maybe show me how that feels?.." she purred. Her voice took a more suggestive, seductive tone, and I caught a spark of naughtiness in her eyes. I raised an eyebrow. "Are you trying to seduce me?"
"What if I am?"
"You're getting yourself in some serious trouble, Ivory. I'm not nice."
"But you seem so to me, Sinclair." She giggled. I had the urge to throw her on her knees and bury my cock deep down her throat. But it seemed too early for that, I wanted her to beg for it, to plead.

"Foolish girl playing with fire." I ticked, shaking my head as I held back a smirk. I leaned in closer to whisper. "You don't want to see what I could really do to you." A shiver rippled through her body, and I pulled back. She stared at me speechless. "Is that a threat?" She asked after a good 3 minutes, her voice quivered, and her bottom lip trembled."Take it how you want it but I won't tell you anything. Makes it funner." I smirked at her adorable scowl.

She'll find out very soon. Or later.