Chapter 4

It's been a few days since the incident. Well justice I'd call it. But for other people it's an incident. Aiden's been by my side the whole time. Not leaving me once. Nick had recovered from the gun hitting him in the head. Aiden didn't question how I knew that man. But I had a feeling he heard. May came to our prison a few times having tea and talking to everyone. She said we should throw a party. Allow people from the outside to come in and talk to us. Said it'll be best to disperse fear. Removing my hands from my eyes. I felt the sun and the warmth it brought. Looking to my side seeing Aiden looking at me I smiled. He didn't return my smile. So, I jabbed him in the ribs. He then grabbed my hands with one of his hands. We fought playfully. Neither of us using our full strength. I kicked him off me and laid my head on his chest. I wrapped my left arm around his waist, and he did the same. He rubbed his hand along my back and when he reached my hair, he started to play with it. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that moments like these are the ones I enjoy the most. Just him and I. I looked up at him. He was already looking at me. We held the eye contact for what seemed like forever. Until we were interrupted. The red-haired male.

"There you are Nova." He spoke. "I've been looking everywhere for you."

"Yeah." I say not really enthused by the conversation.

"And you're with that soldier." He says his enthusiasm diminishing.

"You're a nerd what's you point." Aiden says.

"My point is. Is that you're a solider. Soldiers are bad. Soldiers nearly killed Nova." He said.

Aiden looked at me questioning whether what he said is true or not and completely dismissed it.

"You know that's not true." I say. "You should know that lying isn't good for you Archie."

"You know nothing about me. So why make assumptions that I'm bad." Aiden said.

"Because you are. Okay. Also, you aren't good enough for Nova." Archie said.

"And how would you know?" Aiden questioned. "Do you know Nova like I do?"

"I know Nova better than you do!" Archie exclaimed.

"It's not a competition." Aiden says.

"Yes, it is. It is a competition because you are trying to take Nova away from me." Archie said.

"I'm not yours. Or anyone's in fact. I am my own." I say.

No one said anything for a while. Finally, the silence was back. But I had more pressing matters to tend to. I got off Aiden's chest and sat up. I needed to talk to Jason. But without Aiden. I thought for a while and thought maybe Aiden could hang out with Nick. They seemed to get along. Even through this phase of protecting me I think I could get them to talk to each other when I'm not around. I got up from the ground waiting for Aiden to do the same. He looked at me for a while and got up as well. We walked to the hall where people were gathering. Talking about a party. Organising a party. I walked over to Nick with Aiden on my side.

"I do question these people from time to time." Nick tells us.

"Why do we need a party?" I ask.

"I don't know. Something about letting the people outside trying to kill us in. Makes them want a party. Probably to show them that we aren't the people they should fear." Nick said.

"Maybe." I respond.

"You need to talk to Jason don't you." Nick said.

"Yep. So can you look after Aiden for me?" I reply.