Chapter 7

After yesterday's events I just wanted a break today. A day where I was just with Aiden. Laying in his arms. He was still peacefully asleep. I was admiring him. I started to play with his hair. Feel the silky-smooth strands of his brown hair. It was so soft. His face was nuzzled into my neck. My chin resting upon his head. I was embraced with his warmth. His sweet scent. I kissed his forehead, and he slowly stirs. I then feel a trail of kisses go from my neck to my lips. Even though it was a quick kiss I could still feel the fire burning my soul. He smiles at me and continues to kiss me all over my face until I burry my head into his chest.

"Good morning love." Aiden said laughing.

He placed a kiss on my head and tried to pry me off him so he could leave to get ready. I didn't let him. He eventually gave up and laid back down pressing his chin on top of my head.

"What do you want to do today?" I ask.

"Well, I would like to get up." Aiden chuckled.

"That's not going to happen." I say muffled against his chest.

"Mm I can see that." Aiden said.

"You still haven't given me a proper answer." I say laughing.

"How dare I." Aiden said acting shocked. "How about you let me go and then we can decide."

"I don't want to let you go." I say quietly.

Aiden brushed his fingers through my hair. He places a few strands behind my ear. Catching me off guard he grabbed my hands and pinned them down with one of his. Hovering over me he gives me a quick kiss.

"I'm going to get ready I'll be back." Aiden promised.

He got up and left my room. I was left alone so I decided to get ready for my day as well. The party was today so it would be for the best. I was dreading the party. Which in all honesty I completely forgot about. I was surprised that I wasn't thinking about Aiden pinning me down. Or all the kisses. I wasn't really thinking about anything. My mind sort of snapped back to the party but not fully. I guess I was living in the now and not in my head.

Aiden was waiting outside my door and we walked to the hall together. We weren't hand in hand, but his hand was close to mine. If I wanted to hold his hand, I could've grabbed it. Everyone was talking. There was excitement, nervousness, a bit of anxiety. I didn't expect the hall to be so loud when we entered. But I didn't really have any expectations for it. Everyone was actually together the pure human guards and Jason. This wasn't normal for breakfast.

"Hey." Jason said walking towards us.

"Hey." I said stopping.

"Your breakfast is already on the table." Jason said to the both of us.

We walked over to our table everyone was happily talking. Jason was across from me when we sat down. Aiden and I's shoulders were touching. And occasionally I would feel his hand on my knee. Every time he'd put his hand on my knee, I'll place my hand on top of his. No one noticed and no one knew. It was our little secret.

"How's the speech coming along?" Jason asked.

"It's okay." I say aware that I hadn't even started it.

Jason looked at me as if reading my mind, he shook his head laughing.

"Why am I not surprised." Jason said with a smile on his face.

"I haven't had time." I say in defence.

"I can see that." Jason said looking at Aiden and straight back to me.