Chapter 12

Today was a new day. I didn't wake up next to Aiden. I woke up alone. The first time in a long time that I didn't wake up with him next to me. I didn't feel like breakfast this morning. I couldn't eat. Even if I tried. I couldn't sleep. The nightmares were too real. Well, they were real. The memory of the dead is a painful one. I had to keep reminding myself that I wasn't her. I wasn't the angel. I've changed. Evolved. But my heart still felt the pain. I didn't have wings. That I know of anyway. And I don't know angel law. Strangely I didn't want to talk to Azrael. I knew he saw me as her. But that isn't who I am. I'm no angel. But her anger I feel. Deep. Her words echo in my mind. But she doesn't know my anger. She's my dark side. So maybe there is a light side to me as well. I head out of my room and make my way towards the library. Jason had a habit of keeping old books. The ones with prophecies and journals of old times. Angel times. I tried to not run into anyone as I made my way there. I seemed to be doing well hiding. Everyone should be in the hall for breakfast, so it should've been easy.

"Shouldn't you be in the hall?" A male voice asked.

I stopped dead in my tracks. Slowly I turned around to see Stone. His dirty blonde hair falling to his shoulders. His lean and muscular build leaning against the wall. His grey eyes piercing through mine.

"Shouldn't you?" I asked back.

"I'm not the one avoiding it." He replied cautiously.

"You know I can feel that right?" I ask.

He looked at me confused. Contemplating what I just said. I knew he was cautious around me I felt it. I also knew he was wanting to read my mind.

"Right." He said after a while.

"Why are you here?" I say shortly after.

"The hall gets too loud for me." He said bluntly.

"Okay." I reply.

"You?" Stone questioned raising his eyebrow.

"I need answers." I reply bluntly.

"Okay." He said sounding unsure.

"Okay." I say awkwardly.

I was about to turn and walk to the library doors when I was stopped.

"Wait." Stone called out.

I turned my body back to look at him unsure of why he stopped me.

"I'm coming with you." He said as he walked up to me.

I didn't respond. I didn't know how to. I have a bad history with mind readers. I didn't get along with any of them. So, Stone wouldn't have been any different. I kept my caution just in case. I shouldn't make it seem like he's like the rest of them. But I couldn't help it. Not after what his people have put me through. We walk up to the doors and open them. I then go over to the shelves and start looking for anything with the word angel or demon.

"What are you looking for?" Stone questioned.

"Why?" I asked concerned.

"I might be able to help." He says as he shrugs.

"Something to do with angels." I say after I take a deep breath.

"Why?" He asked suspiciously.

"Why does it matter?" I ask defensively.

"Just curious." Stone replies.

I stop in my tracks when I find a book on mythical creatures. I pull it out almost instinctively. Just as I do that Stone grabs a book. The cover similar to me. Somehow.