Chapter 7.5

In all my life I've never been to a fair or carnival. Or anything with activities and loads of people. It's never really interested me. Now I'm technically being forced to go to one. The human guards were running the stalls and activities as well as some normal humans. I never understood why people spent money on these things. I thought it was a waste. But looking around it's appealing to the eye. I might not think it's worth the price, but the aesthetic was there. I guess that is a reason people go. The colours and atmosphere. I've never been on a Ferris Wheel. And how the hell they got one here I have no idea. It interested me the slightest. The view would be incredible. I probably wouldn't have done half the activities that I did without Nick. He nearly pulled me into doing all of them.

"We need to go on the Ferris Wheel." Nick said pulling me towards it.

We were early so before the line up even started this surprised me a little. People started to form a line behind us. All I could think about was Aiden. I didn't like the fact that we got separated. I trust Nick with my life I do. But with Aiden I really felt safe. After we kissed his solider counterparts took him away from me. I haven't seen him anywhere. Maybe just maybe I can see him on top of the Ferris Wheel. The man who was running the thing looked at me. Smiled. And opened the door. I was creeped out. Something started feeling off. I couldn't get out. I tried. He locked the door. He said it was for safety. But I couldn't shake this feeling. And I knew that I shouldn't shake this feeling. We went up so that more doors opened, and people filled the cabins. Everything was made from glass. One crack and we're doomed.

"Nova." Nick repeated.

"What?" I asked suddenly becoming aware of reality.

"Are you okay?" Nick said concerned.

"No, somethings off." I reply.

Nick nodded his head. He didn't say anything else. Just looked out the window.

"Ask him if he thinks you're scared of heights." One of my demons said.

"That's stupid." The other one scoffed.

I didn't answer them. I looked out the glass. Both underneath and the sides. I needed to figure out why I felt uneasy. For a brief moment I looked to see if I could find Aiden. I didn't but I found something else. It was loose. As soon as all the cabins were full something broke. I saw the man and he had a huge grin on his face. I looked over a Nick. He was scared. I looked around. So was everyone else. Fear was filling my senses again. My head started to get dizzy. I had no choice. If everyone is to survive, I had to. Whether I wanted to or not. I started pulling the red smoke out. In array of red and sliver it exploded. Never ever have I seen silver particles in my red smoke. It was off putting in a way. I closed my eyes readying myself. I was consumed within seconds. I opened my eyes. Seeing only red. I felt the power. The one I still couldn't handle. I felt it in every muscle of my body. It all happened to fast. My red smoke was all around the Ferris wheel. It was consumed. The man's grin was wiped off his face. People were let off. We were last. The doors suddenly just opened. I had no control. At all. I was just observing everything I did. I felt the knife form in my hand. Nick tried to stop me, but I threw him out of the way. This was bad and I knew it. The only thing I could hear was the ringing in my ears. I saw Jason at the corner of my eyes. He didn't try to stop me. Why? The man started to back away from me. He was so scared. My demons came out. Breathing in the fresh air. They grabbed his arms. He couldn't move. I couldn't stop myself. They were chanting kill him. I knew I was the only one who could hear them. I moved the knife around in my hand. I slashed his right cheek. Blood started seeping out. I heard a voice that didn't sound like mine. It was rougher. Deeper.

"Explain yourself." I had said.

He looked at me with such fear and all I could focus on was the blood oozing for where I cut him. He started crying. Pleading. I could hear it. The fear. I lifted the knife so that it was placed under his jaw.