Chapter 11

I couldn't believe my eyes. I couldn't believe what I was thinking. I am Nova. Always was and always have been. I didn't know about my previous life. I look around again. The room was dimly lit with torches. The building structure was centuries old. And yet I knew where I was. I have never been here in this life. As I look around, I see Sila and Asra chained up next to me. They were dead. Sila's eyes had been gauged out. Her heart lay outside her chest with her intestines. Asra's face had been contorted. Her face no longer recognisable. Blood oozed out of her arm and down on the ground lays her fingers. My demons were and still are my friends. In this life and the next. They were always demons. But I. I wasn't always like this. An exploding star. Destined to make a mark in this world. I will not be killed by a mere mortal. I found myself thinking. But if he's mortal than why does he bother me in my world now. He was always going to be my death. But not in this life. My angel self won't allow it. My angel self? I have wings? I found myself wondering.

"Nova, good to see you awake." General Zagen sneered.

"I will kill you Zagen. Even if it's the last thing I do." I said my voice dripping in venom and anger.

"Don't test your luck, you pathetic angel." Zagen spat.

"You have no right to speak to me like that mortal." I roared with fire burning in my bones.

I had so much anger that I could never imagine in this life. My attitude was different. But this explained my darkness. This explained who I am. The fire in my bones started to seep out onto my skin. Burning it in the process. The whole room was engulfed in flames. General Zagen burned right in front of my eyes. Through the pain, I smiled watching Zagen die. Even if I was dying too.

"I'll see you in the next life Zagen. Where I'll rip out your skin limb from limb. Tear apart your every organ. Where I'll make sure you burn in hell, where you belong." I said laughing at the end.

I felt my body melt. My wings, which I didn't know that I had, went up in flames like silver specks. And soon enough every part of my body was burned. And the chains fell away. And that's when I saw him. My best friend. My ally.

"Let me take you home." Azrael said lifting my lifeless body up.

When I woke up and I was in control. I could still feel the fire on my skin. I looked around to see I wasn't in the prison hospital. I wasn't in my bed. And I certainly wasn't in general Zagen's dungeon. I felt safe. The room was dark, but the moon light was pouring into the room. Illuminating it.

"Where am I?" I questioned with my voice raspy.

"Home." Azrael said.

"I shouldn't be here." I said urgently.

"Actually, you need to be here." Azrael said looking down at me with a smile.

The moment I looked into his eyes. I fell. My mind spiralled. But I was still in this room. Still on this bed. My best friend. My only light. The only person who stood by me at my darkest days.

"Where are they?" I finally asked.

"With your body." Azrael said as he sat next to me. "I'm with your soul."

"Why am I here?" I questioned further.

Azrael laughed. Seemingly amused. He looked at me and shook his head before he finally spoke.

"Haven't you been listening?" He asked me.

"I hear it every time I'm unconscious." I replied.

"It's not just my monologue, it's yours." Azrael said.