Chapter 8

I woke up feeling sore. After yesterday's events I didn't want to get out of bed. I just wanted to stay here with Aiden. I could hear the steady rhyme of his heart. I knew he was still mad at May. I don't know what happened when I was unconscious. But I knew it wasn't anything good. Strangely I felt stronger. This was something I wanted to test. But not today.

"Morning love." Aiden said as he stirred awake.

"Morning." I said looking up at him.

"Let's just stay here all day." He replied moving to his side.

"I like that idea." I said pressing my forehead against his.

I saw a smile appear on his face. This time it stayed. I admired him for a few minutes until I got a sharp pain in my side.

"Are you okay?" Aiden said concerned.

I couldn't move. Aiden sat up and moved me, so I was in his arms. I knew he didn't know what to do. I didn't either. The pain burned in my side. It felt like I was being ripped apart. Then I started seeing it. Aiden's dark aura. It was weird. It was surrounding him. Engulfing me. But it avoided the pain in my side. I shut my eyes tightly. Wishing this pain would just end. The red smoke started seeping through my pores. The sliver speckles joining it. Then in a matter of seconds it exploded. Leaving me on the other side of the room. Aiden and I were both pinned to the wall.

"Aiden." I cried out.

I don't think he heard. I didn't want to hurt Aiden. Guilt was flowing through me. In a matter of seconds, I hit the ground. Consumed by darkness.

"Nova!" Aiden exclaimed as he ran towards me.

I felt him pick me up. I felt his warmth. He was okay. He wasn't hurt. Then I saw it. Not only did I see it, but I was consumed with it.

"Sir what do we do." A heard a voice say.

"We fight." A familiar voice said.

"Sir, we are killing innocent lives."

"You don't think I know that." The familiar voice said seethed with rage. "You think I want to do this."

"Sir we have a choice."

"We can't go against the general soldier. Do you have a death wish?" The familiar voice asked.

Aiden. I looked around there were dead bodies and soldiers everywhere. Aiden had a giant gash on his arm. Bleeding out. There were pure human soldiers and the soldiers that I knew.

"No sir." The voice said.

There was fire everywhere. Burning everything and everyone, it touched. Watching it all happen was Aiden. He wasn't alone. He was with the general.

"There's a girl I need you to kill." The general said.

Aiden looked at him attentively. Normally this would scare me. But it didn't.

"Her name is Nova." The general said handing him over my file.

My heart sank. I looked at Aiden's expression. He didn't give way.

"Why?" He asked.

"She's a threat to us Aiden" The general said.

"How general?" Aiden said a bit annoyed.

"Aiden, how isn't important." The general said devilishly.

"All due respect general but if you want me to kill someone, I need more than a threat." Aiden said composed.