Chapter 14

My head was spinning. A voice was humming. The birds were singing. The people were dancing. A fire was burning. A storm was brewing. The world was spinning around. Time slowed down. There he was. The only person whose face that I could see. My heart was beating. My breathes were uneven. Harps were playing. People were dancing with smiles on faceless faces. Half my hair was pulled back. The rest laying on my skin. Down my back. Down my chest. He was smiling. One that could bring light to the dark. The void of darkness was beating. Begging me to come closer. Torn apart from him and the void. A choice had to be made. But how could I choose. I needed both. So, I didn't choose. I let him walk up to me and I took him to the void with me. It accepted. Normally it would decline.

"Nova, look at that waterfall. Isn't it beautiful." Neir said with a smile.

"The water is said to heal." Meria says as she dips her fingers into the waterfall.

"Always with your husband aren't you." Neir said with a laugh.

"You know we like to be close." Aiden replied with a laugh.

I had a smile on my face. But this time it was mine. Confusion consumed me. I realised it was fake. But why am I seeing this. I didn't say anything. Afraid I'd lose this moment of peace. I observed not wanting this to end.

"No, you like to make sure the other is still alive." Neir said as he playfully hit Aiden in the shoulder.

"You two never stop." Meria said with a laugh.

She looked at me and stopped laughing. I think she knew that I was an imposter. Neir looked over at her and then me.

"Meria why are you looking at our daughter like that?" He questioned.

"Because she's going to die." She said in a really deep voice.

She lunged at me, but nothing happened. Everything stopped. It was like time froze.

"You come searching for answers." A male voice said.

That voice was familiar. When I turned around, I saw a man wearing dark clothes with beautiful black wings.

"I'm assuming you're nothing like Abelia." I answer.

"Of course not." The man laughed. "Let me introduce myself. I am Donovin the leader of dark angels. You may know my son Azrael."

"Ah, so you're his father." I said seeing the resemblance.

"Indeed I am. I've heard a lot about you Nova. Azrael holds you in high regard." Donovin says.

"What's happening?" I ask.

"It's a mix of familiarity and the past." Donovin started to say.

He looked at my mother and back at me.

"They are combining." He finished.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I mean your death date is near. Your past's death date. You will have a feeling of death. But you'll awake." Donovin said shaking his head.

"It wouldn't be the first time." I said more to myself than him.

"No, but this time it's different. He'll think that he killed you. It's like his curse. But you will never actually die again. That's one of your gifts." Donovin said with a small smile. "You were blessed Nova, and he was cursed. The Gods saw your worth. We all see your worth. It's radiating off your skin."

"When the time comes, we'll be one." I said remembering that train of thought.

"You'll be one. But you won't change too much. You'll still be you. But with a bit more violence. The old Nova would be proud of you. She used to tell me so much about you. How she could feel you. That you'll be so much better than what she was then." Donovin said with a pained smile.