Chapter 9

I knew Aiden knew. I think that's why he didn't wake up when I left or when I came back. He didn't seem to notice I was gone. This morning was kind of awkward. It's never been this way between us before. I could tell he was angry. I could almost feel it. I know he thinks it was his fault. But it wasn't. Some things are just inevitable. I still feel guilty about throwing him into the wall. We've been avoiding each other, and I don't like it.

"Aiden." I say running towards him.

"Yeah." He said turning around.

"We need to talk." I said finally reaching him.

"We do?" Aiden questioned.

"Yes, we do." I said confused.

"Nova." Aiden said before he was cut off.

"Aiden, there you are." A solider said looking at me with anger.

"Solider." Aiden said seethed in anger.

"You're with a girl." He said looking sheepish.

"Back away from her." Aiden said stepping between me and him.

"Ah, so it is true. Our commander has become weak." The solider said with a laugh.

"Says the one who couldn't kill a fly even if it had a knife." Aiden sneered.

The solider looked at him. He wasn't angry at him but at me. I knew who he was because I saw him in one of Aiden's memories.

"Commander all due respect but this." He said pointing towards me. "Is going to be a death of you."

I felt my fire. In my bones. Moving through my blood. I felt the red smoke gliding across my skin. So, I let it out. The silver particles were there but they were even more glittery than before. No one got thrown to a wall. It just surrounded me. I didn't see red. I looked straight at the solider. I saw a tinged of fear in his eyes.

"Or are you going to be the death of him?" I question.

I could see his intent. I could feel Aiden's emotions. I felt. I felt whole. Like a void had been filled. I had control. My demons came out on their own. Looked at the solider suspiciously. I then knew their names. Sila who has black hair and Asra the one with brown hair. I never knew I could know my demons more than what I did. In tune to who I am. I'm becoming more in tune with my abilities, with my demons.

"He's pathetic." Sila said looking him up and down.

"Not a true solider." Asra said walking behind him. "Half-blood if that."

That explained the fear. Soldiers are supposed to feel no fear. Have no emotions. Be empty. Whoever studied soldiers failed. Soldiers have emotions they just suppress them.

"Who the hell are you two." The solider said aggressively.

"We are your worst nightmare." My demons said laughing.

"You are weak for a solider." I say as I look at him.

"You are stupid commander. You do realise this is the girl the general wanted you to kill, right?" The solider said angrily.

"And you do realise soldier or are you too stupid to see, that the woman you're referring to is mine." Aiden remarked.

"He's stupid." My demons said walking circles around him.

Sila is my dark side whilst Asra is my common sense and my caring side. Perfectly balanced. They would say a demon and angel on your shoulders, but my demons are both my demons and angels. We aren't afraid. Together is all we need. To think that I was feeling lonely. The only people I needed to go to were my demons. They understood. They listened and they cared. They understand everything. They are living my life as well as their own. To think that I was blind. To think that I was misunderstood. To think that I felt alone. I was never alone. And I will never be alone. I looked at the solider. I could see it. The general sent him here. To check on Aiden. To kill me if I wasn't dead. And if I wasn't dead to kill Aiden as well as me. My knife appeared in my hand. You couldn't kill a solider. Not a full blood. They couldn't kill a solider. But I could. I didn't even think twice. I stabbed him in the heart. He didn't even see it coming. I was amused by this. I couldn't shake the feeling. There is only one of me. There's a reason to that. I'm meant to equal out the ones who couldn't die. Those worth death will be suffocated into death's embrace. Those who deserve life will breathe free knowing that they are protected. I have a name. I have a group. I am Nova and I am a protector, I am an equaliser. I will not be taken advantage of. I am life and death. With my demons by my side anything is possible.