Prolouge 08

WHAT THE HECK? A SHOE?

"

I can't believe we have been punished to clean a hundred windows!" The grey cat complains, while Lydia heavily sighs. It was almost past lunchtime and the orange haired male still hadn't shown up. Lydia stands up.

"Let's go Grim. If that dude isn't going to show up, we'll have to do it ourselves." The brown eyed girl moves out of the cafeteria ready to just finally start her cleaning duty and get the whole thing over with, but Grim had other plans.

"Kyaa! Henchman! Don't tell me you are planning on letting him of the hook?" The grey cat complained. Lydia shrugged turning towards the cat. 

"We can just report him to the Headmaster. It's no big deal!" She said with a quiet tone. Grim didn't like that, she had already cleaned the statue he and the other guy had charred without even being asked. Usually he would take advantage of such kindness, but in this case...

He just couldn't, it just felt wrong. As if he would be doing something against some unknown law with horrible consequences. His paws clicker against the checked floor while he pouts.

"Come on henchman. I don't want us to do the work alone, especially when you haven't done anything wrong." He couldn't believe he just said that. He heard a slight chuckle and he could swear he saw a very small spark in those soulless eyes of Lydia.

"Well, if you are so desperate for justice I won't deny it, let's go catch Ace." Lydia looked towards the exit. She would have needed to wipe away a tear if her emotions wouldn't be so numbed down. He reminded her of her owl, back at Hogwarts, or her raven back in Demonslayer. Both had been important companions in each of these worlds. Or maybe...

She thought back even further, a fuzzy memory dusting through her brain. There was a white cat. Lydia sighed again. She probably sighed twice every minute but that's just a habit to let out a bit of melancholy.

"Let's go. I think his Classroom is somewhere in that hall."

°•__The restless__•°

T

hey looked into each of the rooms only to notice that each of them were empty. Lydia grew even more tired by each time they passed a door and it was just empty.
"Are the both of you searching for something?" 

Lydia looked towards the source of the voice only to notice a painting right above them. It was the picture of a pretty lady, wich Lydia had the feeling she had seen before.

"HUH!? Did that painting just talk?" Grim yelled out, earning a chuckle from the paintings around him. Lydia tilted her head. The paintings in Hogwarts talked too and unlike the ones here they were also able to move.

"Of course we talk! We have a mouth after all." The painting of a man with a long beard exclaimed, sounding a bit offended by Grims words. The dark hall was filled with portraits and the fact that they could talk made it seem like you were being watched with every step you took.

"Well, we are searching for a guy with orange hair, slightly messy and a heart mark near his eye." Lydia says, trying to go back to the actual topic before Grim could accidentally anger even more paintings. Lydia remembered the paintings back in Hogwarts. Those were some petty bastards.

The painting of the woman hummed before exclaiming: "He went to the left side of the hall not do long ago. He is a freshman if I remember correctly!" Lydia is quick to thank the pretty painting lady and hurry down the hallway.