To Helm's Deep

∼ this is what she looks like right now :) ∼

We walked for a long time, mostly over hilly lands of green

We walked for a long time, mostly over hilly lands of green. I stayed by Legolas's side the whole time, talking with him but making sure not to show any sign of romance in front of everyone else; he was right - if we were going to make this relationship work and complete the fellowship's mission, we were going to have to keep the two separate.

Legolas stopped walking suddenly.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, knowing what it looked like when his Elvish senses kicked in.

"We are on the brim of danger..." He said quietly, looking around and squinting his eyes.

Just then, the two horses that went on ahead of the people of Rohan stopped and started to scream. The guards that were on the horses looked around, unknowing of what was happening. When I looked just above them, however, there was an Orc that rode a terrible creature, ready to pounce from the ledge that it stood upon, high up and out of the sight of our rangers.

"Watch out!" I screamed, but it was too late. Legolas and I ran to where the beast had already jumped off of the ledge and started attacking one of the men on the horses.

It was a Warg: a bear-wolf like creature with razor sharp teeth and muscles for brains. The Orc that rode the Warg was just as dim-witted.

Legolas shot at the Warg, and I stood aside with my knives ready - I was a brave fighter, but there was no way I was going to get myself into close up combat with that beast.

He finished the two revolting creatures off and kicked the Orc corpse away while shouting to the rest of the guards and fighters that had come to investigate.

"A scout!" He yelled.

Aragorn ran back to the people of Rohan, led by their king. I watched from afar as the people went into a stage of panic, Eowyn trying to calm them after realising that they were under attack.

Their panic was justified, though, as we were in a terribly vulnerable position. No walls and limited fighters, protecting these Humans from the ravaging Uruk-Hai that thirst for their blood.

Eowyn began to lead the people - we had to make it to Helm's Deep now. The fortress with but one exit and entrance was now our only hope.

"Look," Legolas said, pointing to the horizon.

A large pack of Wargs, all rode by Orcs and Uruk-Hai were approaching us with haste, dust trails being left after their trampling feet.

"When the riders approach us from behind," Legolas spoke between firing arrows at the attackers as they got closer. "mount a horse to join the battle." He met my eyes just then with longing and almost sadness encroaching their demeanour. "Stay safe." Those last two words were spoken in Sindarin.