2.- Dinner & Debs.

Matilda and Conrad reached the bottom of the stairs, hand in hand, Matilda came to a halt.
"Hey Con, I'm gonna see if your mom needs any help." she told him, kissing his cheek sweetly, causing Conrad to smile.
"Okay, Tills. " he nods at her, smiling, walking into the dining room.

Conrad loves how much his mum and his girlfriend get on, the two most important women in his life. His mum saw Matilda as a daughter, and Matilda saw her like a second mum, especially after she lost hers as a kid. His heart then dropped, if Matilda knew, her heart would shatter, he couldn't bare the thought. Conrad took his seat at the table, his mood changing to quite miserable.

"Hey Suze!" Matilda smiled, walking over to her in the kitchen.
"Hi my love." Susannah smiled over at her, filling up a jug of water.
"Need any help?" Matilda offered.
"Oh , you could take these plates through then take a seat. Thanks honey. " Susannah smiled.
"No problem!" Matilda happily smiled back, grabbing the plates.
"Oh and Tilly!-" Susannah called Matilda, making her stop in her tracks. "Conrad looked so happy when you turned up, you really do make him genuinely so happy, I don't know how you do it, but thank you."
Matilda beamed, "Of course, Suze, he really does make me happy too, so happy."
Susannah smiled, blinking back some tears " you two will always take care of each other, I know it. "
Matildas stomach turned at the sight of Susannah tearing up, but she brushed it of, Susannah very in touch with feelings, so it wasn't really anything to worry about surely?
"Always." Matilda nodded firmly, smiling at Susannah promisingly, before carrying on into the dining room with the plates.
Matilda placed the plates down. Conrad sat at one end of the table, she noticed there was a space next to Laurel, so she could sit next to Conrad. "Am I okay to sit there?" Matilda asked politely, but nervously, fiddling with the hem of the sleeves of her jumper.
Laurie chuckled, waving her hand dismissively, "Of course honey!" Laurel, whose like a second mum to Conrad, strongly approved of this whole relationship, and has already grown fond of the girl.
Matilda sat down, beaming "Awesome, thank you." she chuckled nervously. Conrad smiled to himself, he always adored about Matilda, her politeness but also her shyness too.
"Tilly!" Steven exclaimed, turning to Jeremiah with a shocked face, which Jeremiah returned.
"Wow, glad to see you're good after Conrad held you hostage in his room for an hour!" Steven sarcastically said, putting a sympathetic hand over his heart. Conrad shook his head, and flipped Steven off with a small smile, while Matilda snickered. Laurel smiled at the kids.
"I'm sure she was fine, they were probably sucking each-others faces of." Jeremiah snickered, causing Steven to also laugh, high giving him.
"Jeremiah." Laurel stated sternly.
Matilda burried her face in her hands, "Jeremiah Fisher one day I might actually kill you." she threatened him,
"Yeah, I'll help too." Conrad nodded, rolling up a serviette and throwing it at him.
As everyone laughed, Susannah walked into the room, Belly close behind, who just came out the bathroom.
Susannah placed the food on the table, looking quite proud before she took her seat, opposite Conrad.
Belly looked round awkwardly, before speaking up, "Uhm, Matilda, you're in my seat." she said, scratching the back of her neck,
"Oh-" Matilda began, looking flustered, "I'll move, I'm sorry." she began to get up, Conrad placed his hand on her arm, pulling her gently back down.
"Belly." Laurel looked pissed, "don't be difficult, there's a spare seat next to your brother, sit there." she demanded.
Belly looked up, looking to Conrad, to Matilda, and then to her mum. With a loud huff, Belly sat next to Steven, "fine."

"Thanks" Matilda muttered quietly, going red as she sat down. Conrad gently kicked her under the table. Matilda looked over, and he sent her a small reassuring smile, causing her to feel better already.

The laughter of Steven and Jeremiah filled the room, as they watched something funny on Stevens phone.
Laurel looked over at the boys, "Steven, I swear to god if you look at that phone one more time I'm putting it in the screen basket." she threatened.
Steven waved his hand, giving up , while Jeremiah looked back over at his plate.
"It's just we want to see your beautiful faces!" Susannah explained, smiling round at all of them.
Conrad pulled an odd expression, rolling his eyes discreetly, while Matilda snickered and Laurel cracked a small smile.
Steven didn't respond, staring at his phone,
"Can dinner be a phone free zone? you know, like the olden days?" Susannah asked, looking round at everyone for some backup. everyone shrugged, except Steven, still staring at his phone.
"Hey Steven!" Jeremiah said loudly, causing Steven to look up.
Jeremiah snatched Stevens phone, launching it across the room into a chair in the side of the room.