19.-your mother would be proud of you.

Conrad and Matilda woke up, shifting in eachother's embrace.

" Good morning " Conrad greeted her in a raspy voice,

" Morning " Matilda smiled, kissing his cheek.

Matilda climbed out of bed, walking over to the mirror, her eyes widened, " Conrad! "

" What, what is it? " Conrad replied, worried, as he sat up groggily.

Matilda turned around, pointing to a purple mark on her neck. Conrad smirked.

" it's not funny, the balls today! " she sighed, folding her arms.

Conrad chuckled, raising his hands defensively, " you didn't seem to be complaining last night. "

Matilda's jaw dropped, as she jokingly shook her head at Conrad's audacity. she ran back over to the bed, leaning over to grab a pillow to throw at him. As she learnt over, Conrad grabbed her waist, pulling her into his lap, so she couldn't throw anything at him.

Conrad chuckled, kissing her cheek, still slightly amused, " I really am sorry, I won't do it again. " he teased her.

Matilda raised a brow, " I never said you couldn't do it again. " she mumbled, making Conrad raise an arrogant brow, humming amusedly. Matilda laughed, her face going red, as she buried her head in his shoulder.

Conrad smiled, as he chuckled at his girlfriend's dismay, quite proud of himself. he placed a hand on her back, kissing her head.

" it's okay, I can cover it with concealer for today. " Matilda sighed, removing her head from Conrad's shoulder, as she leaned over, and grabbed her makeup bag from the bedside table.

Conrad watched as she placed concealer over the purple mark, he tilted her chin up, and started dabbing the beauty blender for her. Matilda smiled, in adoration.

Conrad's face was concentrated, until he then looked up at Matilda, " all done " he told her softly, lowering her chin back down.

Matilda smiled, " thanks " she chuckled quietly. She then looked at her phone, filled with notifications.

Conrad studied how her expression twisted, and honestly, it made his own heart twist at her sad expression. " they still texting you? " he asked her.

Matilda nodded, turning her phone over and looking at Conrad. " I just- I know they were ' helping me ' ,
but I don't get why they'd do that. "

Conrad breathed out, " I mean, I would say what they did overweighs their idea of helping. " he chuckled, but not amusedly, but rather sadly.

Matilda nodded, sighing, " I guess it just hurts, I've never really had many friends before, they were the first proper friend group I had I suppose, but I guess I'm just cursed. "

" you have Violet and Charlie. " Conrad argued,

Matilda shrugged, " yeah, I still thirdwheel though. " she chuckled,

" and you have me, you've always had me. " Conrad smiled sweetly at her. " and I'm your best friend. " he said,

Matilda chuckled, " am I even allowed to consider you my best friend, now you're my boyfriend? "

Conrad smiled, as he shrugged, " yeah, I mean, we were best friends before we were together, plus, you're still my girlfriend and my best friend. "

Matilda's lips curved into a smile, " you're my best friend too, Con. "

Conrad shared Matilda's smile, " you're my world, Matilda Lockwood. " he murmured, kissing her gently on the lips.