7.- a tea party .

Matilda and Belly both stepped out the car,

"Thanks so much for the ride, Laurel." Matilda smiled politely,

"No issue, my love." Laurel sighed, smiling kindly.

"Yeah, thanks mom." Belly nodded,

"Sure." Laurel sighed again,

The two girls shared a glance, and started to head of,

"Girls-" Laurel spoke, causing them both to turn round. "I just want you to know, both of you, if you decide you hate it, and the girls are mean, or even if the food is bad you can text me, I promise I won't say I told you so."

Matilda flashed Laurel a grateful smile, secretly feeling nervous.

"We will be fine. " Belly told her mom, starting to turn round again.

"Humour me?" Laurel spoke, "Belly, use the code phrase and I'll be right there."

"Mom." Belly said firmly, looking embarrassed.

"From when you were little!" Gushed Laurel,

Belly sighed, "lemon jelly belly." they both said.
Belly's itched the back of her neck embarrassed, as Laurel smiled.

Suddenly, Belly nudged Matilda, and they started walking,

"Have fun!" Laurel yelled.

The two girls started walking up the path, the silence awkward.

"Isabelle, you genuinely look lovely." Matilda told her,

Belly flashed a weak smile. She really did secretly like Matilda when she wasn't around Conrad.

"About when we first met, uh, you can call me Belly, you don't have to call me Isabelle anymore.." she chuckled awkwardly.

"Noted." Matilda nodded, smiling a little back.

Suddenly, the girls saw Jeremiah walking the same way as them. Matilda smirked at how Bellys face lit up.
"Hey!" she called, grinning as she flushed.
Jeremiah nodded, as if he didn't know who they were, and looked the other way.
"Jeremiah?" Belly repeated, through a giggle.
The three suddenly came to a halt, Jeremiah's eyes were glued to Belly. " oh my god, uh, wow, I didn't even recognise you." he stammered as he looked at her admirably.
Matilda smiled at the interaction.
"Tell me the truth, do I look like a fool?" Belly chuckled,
Jeremiah's face lit up, a grin spreading across his lips, "Uhm no, you look good, you look gorgeous."
Belly flushed.
It was silent for a few moments, and suddenly Jeremiah became aware of Matilda's presence also.
"Tilly!" Jeremiah beamed, "you look lovely madam." he told her in a posh tone, Matilda truly is like Jeremiah's older sister.
"Thank you Jere, thank you." Matilda laughed.
"Hey, let me walk you two over!" Jeremiah smiled at the two,
Belly and Matilda shared a glance. He was really gonna walk into the country club, with no top, with his pile of towels?
"What?" Jeremiah asked, raising a brow.
Matilda rolled her eyes at him, raising an unimpressed eyebrow in a sisterly manner. Belly went red, "nothing." she chuckled.
"Okay let's go!" Jeremiah beamed, walking closely next to Belly.
"Are those pineapples?" he pointed at her dress , laughing.
"Pineapples?" Belly laughed,
"Pineapples!" Jeremiah repeated, giddily.
"Have you ever seen flowers before?" Belly shook her head, looking amused.
"I have, but that is definitely some pineapples you got there!" he joked, throwing the towels onto a random golf buggy. Jeremiah and Belly both giggled as Belly spun round. Matilda couldn't help but smile at the interaction, she knows Jere likes Belly, and honestly she thought why haven't they kissed already?

"Hey hey, Tills, let me snap a picture of you to Conrad, I know he's probably fuming he missed out on seeing you all dressed up while he's being painted by mom." he snickered. Jeremiah truly is, arguably, a walking cheerleader for Conrad and Matilda's relationship. He always winds them up about their wedding, even since they were kids.