3. - As the world caves in.

Belly and Matilda are awkwardly clearing there plates into the bin at the same time.

"So!" Matilda smiled,
"Sooo" Belly responded, with an irritated smile.
"What do you think of this deb thing?" Matilda asked her, genuinely interested in her response.
" I don't know, are you gonna do it?" Belly replied.
" Honestly, I don't know yet, it seems fun, but I want to ask Con first you know, seeing as it's partner stuff-" Matilda explained, finishing with her plate and looking to Belly.
" Well, Con, thinks it's for sheep, so good luck with that. " Belly replied, sighing, and walking over to Susannah.
Matilda stood there baffled for a second. She could tell Belly hated her, and she didn't know why.

After clearing her plate, and putting it into the dishwasher, she walks over to Conrad whose sitting on the couch with Steven and Jere, looking at a "funny" video on Stevens phone.

"Con" Matilda spoke, he immediately looked up at her, not caring about the video.
"I'm gonna go and get ready for the bonfire!" she smiled.
"Oh shit yeah, we have to go soon!" Jeremiah exclaimed.
"Alright, I'm gonna sit by the pool for a bit" Conrad decided, he stood up, and placed a kiss on Matildas forehead.
"We better get ready too." Steven told Jeremiah, who nods.
Jeremiah, Matilda, and Steven, all go up the stairs to get ready, as they all dramatically sang " ITS YOUUUU, THAT I LIE WITH!"
Conrad chuckles, as he's getting his lighter out his pocket, he can hear there singing from the poolside.
"AS THE ATOM BOMB LOCKS INNN."
They all start using there hands as michs. "OH GIRL ITS YOUUU ,I WATCH TV WITH!"
"Hey, Tilly, do you think me and Steven can be your new Violet and Charlie?" Jeremiah joked, after his voice cracked during the high note.
Matilda snorted, as she chuckled "hell no!"
"Hey, whose Violet and Charlie?" Steven asked, smiling in amusement,
"Oh, Matilda's two friends in high school, they were in a band together for music. " Jeremiah explained.
"Ohhh" Steven nodded, "hey, I'm sure we are just as good!" he suddenly argued in offence, going back to Matilda's "hell no" .
Matilda barked out a laugh, "you keep telling yourselves that" she said, as she went into Conrad's room to change.
———

Conrad stared outside into the pool, thinking about plans for him and Matilda. He couldn't wait to take her surfing, sailing, into the shops, and to the beach. Each and every day with her is going to be perfect, and he's going to make sure of it. He smiles, thinking about tonight, as he smokes his joint. Despite everything going on, he has Matilda, and Matilda has the power to bring sun strong enough to his darkest days. He knows this summer, is going to hurt him, knowing what he knows, but every day with Matilda, at his favourite place on earth, is going to get him through this. With Matilda, and Cousins beach, he feels less alone.

Distracted from his thoughts, Belly walked out. Conrad shifts slightly uncomfortably, after the awkward encounter at dinner with her and Matilda.

Belly noticed him, and can't help but smile, finally, she gets a moment alone with Conrad.
"I thought you said smoking pot changes the way you process information." she questioned him, her lips curving into a smile.
Conrad paused for a moment. "So does your cellphone." he shrugged plainly, looking back into the pool.
Belly narrowed her eyes.
——
Belly's POV

Conrad's acting different. he smokes pot? when we were ten, he always said how bad it was for you, and now he seems like he doesn't even care.

Matilda.

It has to be her.

Ever since she came into the picture, he smokes, he quit football, he's moody.

Not only did she steal Conrad, my Conrad, but she's changing him for the worse, and I have to stop this.

Belly doesn't let his blunt response stump her, she walks over to the pool, and smoothly dives in, before swimming up to the surface.
"You said marijuana messes with white matter." She smirked, almost challengingly.
Conrad looked amused, raising a brow, "do you even know what white matter is?" he scoffed.
"You-you said that our brains are still developing..-" Belly stammered, looking confused herself.
"God do you memorise everything I have said?" Conrad cut her off, looking irritated.
"Get over yourself." Belly blushed, swimming a bit more.
Conrad looks around uncomfortably, seeing if Matilda is coming out of the back doors yet, praying she will be soon.
"I mean, Conrad, you said that , pots dumb, and athletes don't put shit in their bodies!" Belly reminded him.
"I've said a lot of stuff." Conrad stated firmly, "plus, I'm not an athlete anymore." he shrugged, having another toke.
"Why?" Belly asked, looking directly at him.
Conrad pauses for a moment, looking at her, " because, Belly, I don't enjoy it anymore." he explained, irritated by the interrogation.