4.- Daylight.

Conrad woke up, he looked to the digital clock on his bedside table, next to a a picture of him and Matilda.

6:00 am. the clock read.

Sunlight blazed through the curtains.

Conrad looked down, and saw Matilda comfortably shift in his arms, turning over. He smiled at the simple peace of the moment.

As much as he wanted to close his eyes again, holding Matilda, and sleep, he knew he couldn't not go and make memories with her immediately.

Conrad placed a kiss on Matilda's head, trying to wake her up. "Tills?" he whispered, smiling.

"Hmm?" she hummed tiredly,

"Let's go to the beach." Conrad grinned, as Matilda sat up, rubbing her eyes. once her eyes adjusted, she saw the sunlight.

"Okay, Con." she agreed, yawning. she smiled tiredly, as Conrad sat up. Matilda noticed him cringe in pain.

"Hangover?" Matilda questioned expectantly.

"I'll be fine." Conrad shrugged her off.

"Sure?" Matilda asked, pushing back his hair.

"Yeah, c'mon, I cant wait to get down to the beach!" he laughed.

"Okay, okay!" Matilda smiled, getting up,
"Don't worry about getting dressed first, it's early, we will come back." Conrad shrugged, throwing her one of his jumpers, which she slid on over her arms.
"Okay c'mon, let's go!" Matilda giggled excitedly, now feeling more energised.

Matilda held onto Conrad's arm, as the two tried to get down the stairs quietly, without making them creak. The two were quietly laughing and giggling as they did so.

———

Conrad and Matilda finally arrived at the beach, and Matilda stopped in her tracks.
"You were so right, it is much more gorgeous in person." she breathed out in awe, taking in the salt air, and the gentle sounds of the waves crashing.
Conrad gently smiled at her, letting her take in the moment.
"Honestly, I so get why you said you found this place so magical." Matilda admitted, as they walked across the sand again, to find a place to sit.

"Well, it's much more magical with you here." Conrad commented, a mischievous smile dancing on his lips as they sat down on the sand.

Matilda looked over at him, going red as she let out a laugh, "smooth, Fisher." she remarked, gently shoving his chest.

Conrad laughed, keeping himself steady. he then looked properly at his girl friend. "I wasn't joking, Tills, I mean it." he told her.

Matilda smiled widely, looking out to the sea, as she slightly leant her weight onto Conrad.

"We should totally go surfing this summer." Conrad thought aloud,

Matilda's eyes widened, "Con, I have no coordination, I'd drown!" she chuckled, looking petrified. "I'd be like, I dunno- a hamster on sea as they say!"

Conrad snickered. " Firstly, you definitely made that saying up just now, secondly, do you think I would let you drown?"

Matilda's lips curved into a grin, "Maybe I did, but I'm just too wise! and no, but I swear, you better let me hold onto you the whole time promise?"

Conrad chuckled, shaking his head. "I don't think you holding onto me is an issue at all Tills, don't you worry." he lightly smirked.

Matilda gently elbowed him, shaking her head, "Sassy Conrad is certainly something."